Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
swerve.jpg

@H.H. you are laughing but you know he will end up there because you have limitless midfielders. He is a decent player but I don't see him being anymore than a squad player for you.

1) I laughed because of the early posts on here coming true of people writing that people would say,
"If we don't get him I don't want him anyway" and that is backed up with the above picture.

2) I don't know if he's any good (like most of the people on here.)

3) IF we do sign him, he is supposed to be our round peg for the big round hole that we need plugging (and we have an abundance of attacking midfielders not defensive.)

4) He would replace the rubbish Harry Winks.

5) IF we pay £15m for him and we get £12m back for academy product KWP, (a good pro but has not seemed anywhere good enough,) is a proper good result and it seems to be especially good price as Southampton had supposedly accepted a few millions more from another club.

1) I laughed because of the early posts on here coming true of people writing that people would say,
"If we don't get him I don't want him anyway" and that is backed up with the above picture.

3) IF we do sign him, he is supposed to be our round peg for the big round hole that we need plugging (and we have an abundance of attacking midfielders not defensive.)

5) IF we pay £15m for him and we get £12m back for academy product KWP, (a good pro but has not seemed anywhere good enough,) is a proper good result and it seems to be especially good price as Southampton had supposedly accepted a few millions more from another club.

I genuinely don't want him. My friend is a massive Southampton fan and used to scout for them. He is very knowledgeable about their players.
He sees him as an average midfielder at best. Now, he may be superb in a side where his job is to win the ball back and then give it to the guy next to him.

But for that to happen you need KDB / Foden / Silva to pass to. Not Davies / Sigurdsson / Delph

He would be Schniederlin Mark II, and quickly lose interest. We need a complete midfielder. Hojbjerg is not that.

I genuinely don't want him. My friend is a massive Southampton fan and used to scout for them. He is very knowledgeable about their players.
He sees him as an average midfielder at best. Now, he may be superb in a side where his job is to win the ball back and then give it to the guy next to him.

But for that to happen you need KDB / Foden / Silva to pass to. Not Davies / Sigurdsson / Delph

He would be Schniederlin Mark II, and quickly lose interest. We need a complete midfielder. Hojbjerg is not that.

As Ive always said, I know nothing about him but if we get him for an outlay of only £3m for a posistion we badly need, and also swooping an academy player we didn't want, if after making an interception/tackle, he then passes the ball sideways to anyone other than Harry Winks I will be well pleased.

Well I wanted him but fair enough on the rest. I just think he would be guaranteed to play for us but I can see the appeal of Tottenham and playing in Europe, and you would know your squad better than me but you have way more options than us.

I said from the first link he’s poo ;)

1) Pat
2) Pat
3) Pat
4) Pat
5) Pat

being bang average improves our current midfield by a factor of eleventy

being bang average improves our current midfield by a factor of eleventy
But it doesn't make sense to sign an average player to improve just a little. We need to aim higher to short cut our way to quality. He'll be going to Spurs to do a specific job do it'll work for them and will be a replacement for combative Wanyama or their previous Dembele.

I never understood why some of us us were desperate for Hojbjerg while not even knowing how average he actually is. He would just be another Schneiderlin in our side. I keep saying it but Soumare is a high quality midfielder who has many aspects to his game. We should be in for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.