Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem i see with that is what kind of Gueye are you getting back? Getting dumped by your dream club after only a season is devastating.

Considering he was still brilliant for us even after we stoped his earlier move to PSG, i'd say he was a consumate professional. Id expect to get a better player technically back too.

If there is any way we can get him, we should be exhausting it as he's exactly what we are missing and could go straight in.

Mate we need about 8 first team players for other positions before we need a left back to sit on a bench.

Never said it was a priority did I?

The OP said it was odd that we were linked with left backs.

Considering our back up left back has just retired I don't think its very odd at all

Never said it was a priority did I?

The OP said it was odd that we were linked with left backs.

Considering our back up left back has just retired I don't think its very odd at all

I think it’s quite odd we’re getting linked with more left backs than we are right backs, centre mids and wingers tbh. We have actually already signed a left back this window too.

I think it’s quite odd we’re getting linked with more left backs than we are right backs, centre mids and wingers tbh. We have actually already signed a left back this window too.

A kid who has never played a senior game in his career?

I know what you're saying like, you'd expect more links to priority positions, but don't think we can read too much into random internet rumours anyway at this stage

A kid who has never played a senior game in his career?
Even if he is not ready yet, the club should probably aim for getting him ready within 4-6 months. In that case a new left back should not be a priority. As I would question the motivation for any left back willing to come in to be backup for Digne.

Most right backs are decent on the left side. Delph could possibly be cover. And if we are getting a left footed central defender, I am sure he can do a job.

Even if he is not ready yet, the club should probably aim for getting him ready within 4-6 months. In that case a new left back should not be a priority. As I would question the motivation for any left back willing to come in to be backup for Digne.

Most right backs are decent on the left side. Delph could possibly be cover. And if we are getting a left footed central defender, I am sure he can do a job.

It's a random link to a left back on the internet.

We have been linked to players from literally every position on the pitch so far this summer.

Why are people so bothered?

Whats the point in appointing Ancelotti if you aren't going to back him! Should have went for Wilder or Howe if we were looking for the manager to try and improve the players already here (impossible for vast majority). These managers are used to working with rubbish and getting something out of them whereas Ancelotti is used to working with players of the calibre of Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Maldini etc

Doesn't really make sense. If you don't have funds/a crap squad, you need a top manager to get the best out of the players. Just look at leeds with bielsa and the RS with klopp.

Status
Not open for further replies.