News on Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on loan at Malaga from Barca.
Nope. He ran his contract down at Barca to join Malaga on a free transfer.
That's why his buy-out clause was so low (like 5/6 Million I think)

Scored a fair few belters for Malaga, I was certainly hyped about him.
Turns out he was actual quite crap there as well despite the goals. He has a habit of sticking his big toe through the ball every time he has even a slight glimpse of goal. He had a bit of a lucky season where a fair few actually went in (despite many hundreds being blasted a mile over the bar)
Like a Spurs era Andros Townsend.... Sandros Townsend... :oops:

It’s the massive wages, it’s the absolute worst of our woeful transfer activity. How many has he scored for us? 2?

Its crossed my mind, a stilted summer and Carlo strikes me as a pragmatic manager, who can the best out of players, Bolaise has a decent turn of pace and i think he likes pace and being direct, then with Sandro there is a squad spot there without Niasse, i wonder could he do anything with either of them, or could they interest him as being of value.

I am the eternal optimist so I should place that as a rather large caveat. However you are right to say I think Ancelotti is a fairly experienced, calm, level headed manager. If they come back in pre-season and do ok then who knows? I mean he made Sigurdsson captain shortly after the Anfield debacle, I suppose when you have seen everything he has in football you become far less emotive around it.

I think it was 2 summers ago Sandro played some games in pre-season and did ok. He worked hard. Likewise when Bolasie first came here, pre-injury he was electric, I think he was averaging an assist every other game. He says he's back to his pre-injury self. I have my doubts at 30 whether he is ever going to be able to get back t that level, but who knows? What I will say, is the stuff he's going with EITC, the new lad being welcomed etc is hardly striking as someone who feels he's going to be bombed out to the reserves.

The other lad I mentioned was Keiran Dowell, who having got some experience at Derby and Wigan.

I'm sure none of us want to see them, but if other players are moved on, and they can bulk the squad up, with no transfer fee involved and allow us to spend a bit more on targeted areas, who knows?

As I say, unlikely but not impossible.

I'd like to think that come the summer, it's a clean slate for all that haven't yet had the opportunity to work under Ancelotti and still have time on their contracts, and so it should be. We have a small squad which has just gotten smaller, and if reports are to be believed, while we are not struggling for money, we are limited in what we can spend until we balance the books a little.

I would imagine outside of the core squad Ancelotti would like to keep, we will bulk that out with young or fringe players that can offer something over the course of a season.

That being the case, there is then an opportunity for Sandro, Dowell, Bolasie, Besic and Kenny to impress the new manager and try to adapt to his ways etc.

Narrow minded egotists like Koeman treated some players terribly, and that sort of thing festers and comes out in the attitude and spirit of the teams we have seen. This is definitely not the Ancelotti way.

I would like to think he will have a look and see what he has to work with. An astute manager may just see something in a player that he believes could be a benefit to the team. If he decides after working with them that they are not a fit, then we can look at moving them on.

The 1 thing that stands against Sandro in this respect is the amount of money he is on, and how much this affects our finances going forward. He is probably on the same amount as the other 4 combined, so unless Ancelotti sees him as being integral to his plans, he is a financial burden that we could probably do without. But if he sees something in him, that say puts him ahead of Kean and/or Tosun, then maybe he could think about working with him. He is only 24 after all, and Ancelotti worked with other players in the past that weren't top, top level, but utilised them because of what they brought to the team, like Inzaghi and Jon Dahl Tommasson.

They could turn out to be great finds under the right manager, with the right coaching. If not, they could be useful squad players. If not, we try and move them on.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there are players Ancelotti has already worked with who may be ahead of these incoming players on a list of players he is willing to sacrifice. 4 of them have already gone.

I'd like to think that come the summer, it's a clean slate for all that haven't yet had the opportunity to work under Ancelotti and still have time on their contracts, and so it should be. We have a small squad which has just gotten smaller, and if reports are to be believed, while we are not struggling for money, we are limited in what we can spend until we balance the books a little.

I would imagine outside of the core squad Ancelotti would like to keep, we will bulk that out with young or fringe players that can offer something over the course of a season.

That being the case, there is then an opportunity for Sandro, Dowell, Bolasie, Besic and Kenny to impress the new manager and try to adapt to his ways etc.

Narrow minded egotists like Koeman treated some players terribly, and that sort of thing festers and comes out in the attitude and spirit of the teams we have seen. This is definitely not the Ancelotti way.

I would like to think he will have a look and see what he has to work with. An astute manager may just see something in a player that he believes could be a benefit to the team. If he decides after working with them that they are not a fit, then we can look at moving them on.

The 1 thing that stands against Sandro in this respect is the amount of money he is on, and how much this affects our finances going forward. He is probably on the same amount as the other 4 combined, so unless Ancelotti sees him as being integral to his plans, he is a financial burden that we could probably do without. But if he sees something in him, that say puts him ahead of Kean and/or Tosun, then maybe he could think about working with him. He is only 24 after all, and Ancelotti worked with other players in the past that weren't top, top level, but utilised them because of what they brought to the team, like Inzaghi and Jon Dahl Tommasson.

They could turn out to be great finds under the right manager, with the right coaching. If not, they could be useful squad players. If not, we try and move them on.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there are players Ancelotti has already worked with who may be ahead of these incoming players on a list of players he is willing to sacrifice. 4 of them have already gone.
Carnt see him getting something out of sandro every one knows he runs around like his arse is on fire.

Carnt see him getting something out of sandro every one knows he runs around like his arse is on fire.

I've not been impressed with him either really, but then I've not seen him coached by a manager like Ancelotti.

The chances of offloading him for a fee seem minimal. It would just be nice if for once, we had a bit of luck in 1 of these situations instead of just being left with another expensive contract that runs down playing for another team.

Just had another look at his wiki. Crazy how bad his stats actually are... What happened?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.