Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
City have Otamendi who is 32 and play Fernandinhi who is 35 playing CB.

Dont see how they can even sell Stones personally, I mean they will probably buy a CB in the Summer, but be shocked if they bought 2.
Stones must be bad if he can’t get in ahead of Otamendi. Dreadful defender him

City have Otamendi who is 32 and play Fernandinhi who is 35 playing CB.

Dont see how they can even sell Stones personally, I mean they will probably buy a CB in the Summer, but be shocked if they bought 2.
Expected to buy Koulibaly aren’t they? Him plus keeping Laporte, otamendi, and Garcia, and they’re more than fine.

again
John Stones is a big improvement on any of our defenders. He is a better defender, and less importantly he’s much better on the ball than all our CBs.

You usually get better as a team by buying or developing better players. Players that are an improvement on the incumbent. John Stones is considerably better than all our current CBs.

If he’s available and circumstances are right for us, then we should bring him back.

Holgate is quality, and I think has a very high ceiling, keep him and partner him with Stones or another elite CB, and then throw Michael Keane and Mina at any one who will take them.
If John Stones was as good as you say he is, Man City wouldn't be selling him. They are 25 points behind Liverpool for a reason, and it isn't because of their attacking prowess. You may say that Stones has hardly played - due to injuries and lack of form, which just reiterates the fact that we shouldn't buy him.
Good recruitment isn't just about buying players who may have more ability than your current team. We need to buy players who have something to prove are hungry and fit in with the culture of what we are trying to achieve. Mentality is key. Hate to say it, but just like Liverpool. Stones would see us as a backward step, without question, and have zero motivation. He would literally have to be forced to take the move due to lack of interest elsewhere, which again raises huge alarm bells. Just because someone isnt good enough for City, doesnt mean he isnt good enough for Everton, I understand that to a degree. But for that to work, a player has to be in a different phase of his career. We should be buying players who can be bought by City in the future, or perhaps even fulfil their ambitions with us. Not the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.