Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Bird

Player Valuation: £50k
As i mentioned on another thread the first ( and so far only) time that I've attended Goodison park was to witness Everton beat my team at the time Bristol city 1 -0. I've been doing some digging and the game was in October 1977 and Andy king scored the goal ( couldn't stand him when he was Swindon's manager) Bristol city had a decent side in those days with the likes of Hunter Cormack and gow and i see that Everton finished third that season. I wonder if anyone remembers that game! Im hoping to return to Goodison park in 2021 ( whether or not it find Dave Rose)

As i mentioned on another thread the first ( and so far only) time that I've attended Goodison park was to witness Everton beat my team at the time Bristol city 1 -0. I've been doing some digging and the game was in October 1977 and Andy king scored the goal ( couldn't stand him when he was Swindon's manager) Bristol city had a decent side in those days with the likes of Hunter Cormack and gow and i see that Everton finished third that season. I wonder if anyone remembers that game! Im hoping to return to Goodison park in 2021 ( whether or not it find Dave Rose)

Bristol is getting a bit of attention on here today mate, with the Colston statue being lobbed in the docks.

We have quite a few golden oldies in here, so I am sure many would have been at the game. And you have missed some very good players off that list!

Like you, I cut my footballing teeth at Ashton Gate in those days, after we moved from Liverpool to Portishead.

Bristol is getting a bit of attention on here today mate, with the Colston statue being lobbed in the docks.

We have quite a few golden oldies in here, so I am sure many would have been at the game. And you have missed some very good players off that list!

Like you, I cut my footballing teeth at Ashton Gate in those days, after we moved from Liverpool to Portishead.
Yes roydo. Sweeney. Tainton. Mabbut. Etc. Happy days

I was at the game mate , to be honest it doesn't stand out.
If you want a copy of the programme PM me with your address and I will send it to you no charge of course.

Yes roydo. Sweeney. Tainton. Mabbut. Etc. Happy days

Delivered a parcel to Gerry Sweeney recently. Still looks fit as a flea. Tom Ritchie was my postman for years, and everyone on here will link Mabbut to Gary.

But we both remember his brother bagging a hat trick at Old Trafford.

Soz mods, bit off topic.Anyone remember the match ffs?

Me and my GF were living in South Wales when we drew Bristol City in the cup under David Moyes. Booked train tickets there and back and then suddenly went to pens missed the train back and had to get a hotel room last min before getting an early train back to go right to work. Red bull was a friend that day.

I was at the game mate , to be honest it doesn't stand out.
If you want a copy of the programme PM me with your address and I will send it to you no charge of course.
Cheers mate i had the programme for years ( with dave roses telephone number on the back) but i lost it in a house move it's got bob latchford on the cover

Delivered a parcel to Gerry Sweeney recently. Still looks fit as a flea. Tom Ritchie was my postman for years, and everyone on here will link Mabbut to Gary.

But we both remember his brother bagging a hat trick at Old Trafford.

Soz mods, bit off topic.Anyone remember the match ffs?
I went to the game at old Trafford. One of my happier memories

Me and my GF were living in South Wales when we drew Bristol City in the cup under David Moyes. Booked train tickets there and back and then suddenly went to pens missed the train back and had to get a hotel room last min before getting an early train back to go right to work. Red bull was a friend that day.

I would have been there, got to say I don't recall a single thing about that particular game,I remember the 4-1 game a couple of years later when apologies,Andy King scored a hat trick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.