2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even Pep escapes criticism lid.

I love Carlo but he's not immune from criticism - personally think had he taken Sidibe or Iwobi off for Coleman at HT as most were saying on here we would have finished that game 2-2 and not conceded that daft goal in the first 30 odd seconds of the 2nd half from the same problems of the 1st half.
Hindsight

Sure mate i think you'd warrant that kind of fume if this was a cup final or something. I'll take it easy as I've written off the season way before christmas. I'll prefer staying positive and watch Carlo work his craft on the team.

One could argue that we're in the running for europe, like, but we're in a pack of 7 teams chasing results from the last 12 games. We certainly are not favourites in that group.
A winning mentality is required sooner rather than later.

We cant get rid of all of them, and if they get into the habit of throwing games away with Ancelotti as manager it'll become a pattern the squad will become accustomed to. Thats the danger.

We cant get rid of all of them, and if they get into the habit of throwing games away with Ancelotti as manager it'll become a pattern the squad will become accustomed to. Thats the danger.
Winning games hasnt been a problem since Carlo's been here.
Upto today we were 2nd in the league in the form chart.
Even with this bunch of players.

Winning games hasnt been a problem since Carlo's been here.
Upto today we were 2nd in the league in the form chart.
Even with this bunch of players.
It's an upturn, but there's been no significant breakthrough with this group of players.

I thought they were pitiful there today.

Dont be fooled by the fact this was Arsenal away, they are a team in transition with a lot of inexperienced players, and they were knackered after their game and journey on Thursday / Friday.

This is partly why today's game was so important. A chance for the new regime to wipe out one of the terrible away records at the first attempt, when we're in form, and even were gifted a goal headstart. So disappointing.

His building job is a big job but just look at the improvement with the exact same players that Silva had. We never did a January panic and he has had ample opportunity to see what players are good enough to keep and not keep. We all know including Ancelloti that this team is not good enough. We cannot be expecting miracles from this team but he has them creating chances and looking to win games. Summer arrives and he knows what needs to be done to improve us further. His last visit to the emirates was bayern munich knocking 5 past them but we are not Bayern yet we still could have had 5. Just lacking the class players and that will take time. With Ancelloti I do not believe we will get players for the sake of it but players with the qualities that Ancelloti can nurture and mould into a much stronger team. Ancelloti has done the impossible polishing of a turd but it will only gleam so much. I am getting excited about the summer and know any incoming player will only prosper under his guidance. We are much better for him already so just wait until he gets in who he wants and see the improvement. We are on the up with this manager and us fans need a bit of perspective and realise the team/squad we have at the moment has some good players being brought down by the bog standard average players. We are not that good but we have a base.

Needs to knock this constant rotation on the head - what does it do to breed players wanting to perform well if they are just going to get dropped? I get the odd say 2 changes but 4/5 every week is excessive imo.

Also needs to boot Siggurdsson and Iwobi to the bench and get Gomes & Bernard in the side from now on every week.

I get the feeling he wants to rotate to make decisions on who he needs going forward.

By not giving game time to some players will effect us being able to recoup some money should we sell.

eg Sig, Morgan, Delph, Iwobi, Walcott & Sidebe.

I get the feeling he wants to rotate to make decisions on who he needs going forward.

By not giving game time to some players will effect us being able to recoup some money should we sell.

eg Sig, Morgan, Delph, Iwobi, Walcott & Sidebe.

Yeh he’s doing this IMO. He’s seeing today which of the players he’s unsure of he can trust when it comes to the big matches. I think that’s why it was an older lineup because those are most likely to be sold/squad fillers. Hopefully after today he’s made his mind up.

This is partly why today's game was so important. A chance for the new regime to wipe out one of the terrible away records at the first attempt, when we're in form, and even were gifted a goal headstart. So disappointing.
Arsenal are low hanging fruit in the world of the "Big Six". We wont get a better chance of ending a record like we have away to them.

Team of youngsters and a dodgy CB pairing; sapped of energy; a goal up.

This is exactly the same mentality that allowed a young Liverpool team beat us: the fear of expectation.

Ancelotti has a mountain to climb here. It's as much a mental breakthrough he needs to get with this group as organising them in training and on the pitch. We've seen Koeman and Brands poorly scout and buy players incapable of handling pressure. That's what Ancelotti is landed with. It's going to be an almost impossible task for him to turn this club around without him staying the length of his contract.

Anything Carlo does this season personally he is immune.

Tactically he has been perfect just look at the football we are playing but plans are ruined by individual errors.

We have a system with players who are not up to the highest standards. We have young players who are setting the standard of this club and showing vastly experienced players what the club expects.

January may have been a missed opportunity but given the past transfer market and FFP to attend to, we are not in the ideal position to spend plus the market wouldn't have be favourable for us.

We have Gomes back so nearly half of our central midfield is ready but I would like to see someone step up and stake a claim.

A lot of square pegs at the minute but the work we have done in such a short period of time. We are still on track to fight for Europe so let's not give up on it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.