New Everton Stadium Discussion

There's a ground floor car park Bri and then the rest has been moved to inside the West Stand. I think @MickA is under the impression it's on the top part of the external building (which he may be correct about) but I think the glass part at the top of the West stand will be some kind of corporate area/bar/restaurant

There are cars on that image if you zoom in. It's difficult to tell exactly but it looks like that may be the first rendering where the parking was seperate and the brickwork matched the stadium itself. Hope so.

Taking the car park as an example.

Has anybody questioned why the car park isn't in the big, mad hole under where the stadium will be? Why does the parking have to be on the west of the stadium (on the roof it seems) via a very narrow channel? Can't we build a car park on the east and have an integrated walkway across to the main stand for those who get a spec?

There may well be extremely valid reasons for the current set-up but let's not just not question things. The greatest view from the stadium river side looks to be the car park. Absolute madness.

M2VmFXm.jpg

"Why does the parking have to be on the west of the stadium (on the roof it seems) via a very narrow channel"

Unless I'm misunderstanding you (v possible) it's not on any roof. It's a small car park at ground level making use of that little strip of land. You can see it if you download the app and explore "exterior west".

My guess is, from the angle of the hospitality in the West Stand, you'll be looking at a much flatter angle over the river and those cars will - at worst - be right at the bottom of the view, barely noticeable. The picture above is obviously much higher and looking at a steeper angle.

There's a ground floor car park Bri and then the rest has been moved to inside the West Stand. I think @MickA is under the impression it's on the top part of the external building (which he may be correct about) but I think the glass part at the top of the West stand will be some kind of corporate area/bar/restaurant

Ah, yes, the car park was moved inside the stadium wasn't it. That might be where the confusion is!

This is the old proposal (yellow arrow pointing to multi-storey car park)...

EBpObhvU0AE-CE2

Compare that with the same view (exterior west) in the app now and it's a BIG change.