Why does this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToffeeDan

in memoriam - 1961-2023
We can blame players. We can curse and moan but it won't change until we understand what causes us to collapse.

Is it being spineless?

Is it bad luck?

Why can't we do it to other teams?

But until the club deal with this there will be no changes. No big match wins - no semi or final wins against the RS since 1906. No wins at big side's grounds and maybe another twenty years without a win at The Pit.

And more last minute collapses at Leicester, Liverpool, City LC semis,

And more so called heroic failure against Villarreal, Fiorentina.. collapses at Millwall, West Ham (FA Cup)... Man U semi heartache, embarrassing Cup exit at Liverpool, Bristol Rovers, Brentford, Panathinaikos, Oldham.... And on and on.

And we deserve answers.

We can blame players. We can curse and moan but it wont change until we understand what causes us to collapse.

Is it being spineless

Is it bad luck

Why can't we do it to other teams?

But until the club deal with this there will be no changes. No big match wins - no semi or final wins against the RS since 1906.0 No wins at big sides grounds or maybe another twenty years without a win at The Pit.

And more last minute collapses at Leicester, Liverpool, City LC semis,

And more so called heroic failure against Villarreal, Fiorentina.. collapses at Millwall, West Ham (FA Cup)... Man U semi heartache, embarrassing Cup exit at Liverpool, Bristol Rovers, Brentford, Panathinaikos, Oldham.... And on and on.

And we deserve answers.
Because we are f******* crap.

“I am not normally superstitious but after three months I was willing to try anything so I went and took a leak on all four corner flags. It took me a while - it’s not that easy.

“Lo and behold, we went on to win seven of our next 10 games, drawing twice and losing just once, so it must have worked.”

No... Because if we were we wouldn't get close to throwing it away. This is a matter of being spineless

How do we get close? Surely third round cup exits (the first round of entry) in consecutive years is the complete opposite of getting close? We have a semi final in a domestic cup every few years, but that’s about as close as we get. That’s the definition of an average, mid table premier league side. We’re just making up the numbers at the moment.

No... Because if we were we wouldn't get close to throwing it away. This is a matter of being spineless
Looks like you've answered your own question mate. Best to just try and forget about it and try not to let it bother you. There's not much you can do mate. Just have to take it on the chin and wait for the next disappointment. Enjoy your life inbetween

Because clowns like Niasse and Davies can make mistake after mistake yet still be guaranteed a game.

Because Delph can scrap with fans online then get in the team week in week out.

Because Pickford can cock about and have absolutely no competition for his place.

It all ultimately comes down to recruitment and management and we have been pee poor on both fronts for years now.

Chickens coming home to roost.

Status
Not open for further replies.