2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was made up when we got Delph but it’s highly noticeable that since he’s come back the play has slowed down and more backwards and sideways passing.
I’d play him further forward so that he’s looking for the killer passes than slowing it all down.

He came on against Newcastle and played well. When it was 1-1 we played it out from the back and dragged Newcastle all over the shop. We scored our 2nd goal from doing this (Richarlison momentarily losing the ball then winning it back).

So he can help when he wants, we csn play out from the back but the minute he stops showing for it (Gylfi doesn't even show it for it so doesn't count) and the defender's start taking 3/4 touches, everything slows down and it becomes useless.

Official site show He’s Training today with them all so another story someone made up saying he was training alone
6C4CE88C-CFA8-4845-98F2-160EDF4C07A8.jpeg

Suprised at how brittle he is. Big difference between lighting a fire under your teammates with your intensity, and being an unhinged loon.

The quintessential Delph moment IMO is when he's berating everyone else for their crap setup on set pieces and then gives up an OG off a free kick.

1998, 2002, 2004

3 times = multiple winners

I'd pull my left nipple off with some rusty pliers for Everton to be 3 time Premier League winners within the next 20 years.
I wasn’t suggesting Arsenal aren’t multiple winners. My point was that the article was trying to put Everton down by saying we had a similar wage to Arsenal and making out this was bad because they were ‘premier league’ winners. In fact, they haven’t won the league for 15 years.

He came on against Newcastle and played well. When it was 1-1 we played it out from the back and dragged Newcastle all over the shop. We scored our 2nd goal from doing this (Richarlison momentarily losing the ball then winning it back).

So he can help when he wants, we csn play out from the back but the minute he stops showing for it (Gylfi doesn't even show it for it so doesn't count) and the defender's start taking 3/4 touches, everything slows down and it becomes useless.
Playing out from the back on one the smallest pitches in the PL along with the RS style of play doesn't work......

Status
Not open for further replies.