2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
early days for him , but to be honest hadn't seen anything at all from him when he had played to say he should be given time in the first team.
With Silva being under pressure its unrealistic to think he would play a young lad who is not adding anything to the team at present.
He will need to settle in and be given time in the long run, turning up late has done him no favours while trying to make a place for himself at the club, hopefully he can knuckle down in training and show the manager what he is capable of.

DCL has played the equivalent of 2 1/2 games more in all competitions, but scored 5 more goals. Kean has got to make the most of the chances he gets, and truth be told he's looked pretty underwhelming so far. He's clearly got talent, and hopefully in the long run it'll all click, but the manager's not going to pick a lad who isn't producing the goods when his job on the line.

What about the 80 odd games before this season when he was doing F all in 75 of them ?

I think the role he is being asked to do is unfamiliar to him, people don't take that into account. I don't think he suits our system.

I do agree he hasn't set the world on fire but I thought the hype was a bit ridiculous in the first place, he was set up to fall.

Even certain posters on here were saying he was already world class and would leave DCL in the dirt, ready to play Prem football etc. A load of rubbish.

...I don’t get the ‘system’ shouts, Bernie. As far as I know, he was raised a striker, so he has the skill set of a striker. Back to goal play, taking defenders on, right foot, left foot, running the channels. It’s a great position, it’s a great skill set regardless of the system. What Kean has is great physicality (speed, power, strength, mobility) so he needs to apply that.

Brands hasn’t got many wrong, let’s hope this lad comes good.

As is often the case, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You said “ he has to take the chances he gets” “ he’s been underwhelming “ I’m simply pointing out he has more talent than DCL9 yet he was afforded 70 odd games of being underwhelming and not doing anything. That simple enough?

You said “ he has to take the chances he gets” “ he’s been underwhelming “ I’m simply pointing out he has more talent than DCL9 yet he was afforded 70 odd games of being underwhelming and not doing anything. That simple enough?
Mate, let's not make out like i'm the stupid one in this conversation. We've all seen the state of your posts. I was posting about Kean, and you were posting about DCL, forgive me for taking a minute to realise you'd gone off on a tangent. I've long said that DCL isn't the level I want to see here so you're preaching to the converted, but that doesn't change the fact that he's been more productive this season, and as our next few games are also this season, rather than 3 years ago, it seems fair to use that as a barometer.

Thanks, even though me no likey.

Although, hilariously, HLN reckon Anderlecht want him. Can't see that, like.

won't be surprised if we loan Kean out and bring someone in like Giroud on loan.

Mate, let's not make out like i'm the stupid one in this conversation. We've all seen the state of your posts. I was posting about Kean, and you were posting about DCL, forgive me for taking a minute to realise you'd gone off on a tangent. I've long said that DCL isn't the level I want to see here so you're preaching to the converted, but that doesn't change the fact that he's been more productive this season, and as our next few games are also this season, rather than 3 years ago, it seems fair to use that as a barometer.

I’m saying kean should be given games and pointing out DCL9 was given plenty of chances without producing or showing much . I’m saying kean should be given the same opportunity. 20 mins here and there isn’t really going to do anything to improve his confidence or give him time to adjust. If we were banging goals in then that’s fair enough as the team is doing ok and the person playing up top is part of that. We aren’t through and we know what we are getting with all our other strikers and none are even close to being good enough apart from richy.

Status
Not open for further replies.