Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Moyes

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • Other, please state

Votes: 89 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid the answer is an emphatic no. These managers won't even think about joining us. Are people seriously suggesting Simeone is going to jump ship from Atletico mid-season to manage a team in 17th. The delusion is strong if people actually believe this.

I'm all for getting the best possible manager in. But screaming about ambition and demanding we appoint unattainable managers is just so pointless.

You saw with the string of results at the back end of last season that this team is capable. Add in that Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal and even Spurs aren't what they were then it could be a decent move. Do I think Simeone is leaving A.Madrid for us part way through the season? No. But there is no reason why we can't pick up a decent unemployment manager or one who is not in a top league.

I find Arteta a confusing and worrying suggesting. Are people really saying we should be aiming for an individual with no managerial experience, at all?

Yes he played for us and was a fantastic player. Yes he’s worked under Wenger and Pep. Nevertheless, that does not guarantee a thing!

It could work, but right now I don’t think we’re in a position to be making gambles on untested appointments.

Someone - Not a chance, get real ffs

Mourinho - Not coming here

Moyes - Finished

Arteta - Not managed a single game of decent level football in his life

Wenger - Did poorly in his last few years at the much bigger Arsenal

Howe - Bournemouth regularly spanked for a 4 or 5 every couple of months

I find Arteta a confusing and worrying suggesting. Are people really saying we should be aiming for an individual with no managerial experience, at all?

Yes he played for us and was a fantastic player. Yes he’s worked under Wenger and Pep. Nevertheless, that does not guarantee a thing!

It could work, but right now I don’t think we’re in a position to be making gambles on untested appointments.

There is no one who is not a gamble. We need the young exciting choice rather than the boring mediocre PL merry-go-round manager.

We've only been successful historically when managed by former players. We need someone to retrieve our lost identity. I'm very excited about Arteta as manager. It's realistic and exciting. I think he'll be great.

If we sacked Marco and convinced José to join, we would:
  • Buy Zouma in January. He loves Zouma.
  • Win one of the cups this season.
  • Finish 6th or 7th.
  • Have the greatest manager of the past 15 years running the show.
People slate him for the final season at Utd. It fell apart but the season before that showed he still has it.

Three trophies, 2nd in the league, 81 points, 28 goals conceded.

Ignore the doubters and make it happen Farhad.

There is no one who is not a gamble. We need the young exciting choice rather than the boring mediocre PL merry-go-round manager.

We've only been successful historically when managed by former players. We need someone to retrieve our lost identity. I'm very excited about Arteta as manager. It's realistic and exciting. I think he'll be great.
Sorry, that's a glib answer. While they are all gambles, some are far less of a gamble than others: Arteta for me, for all his merits, is an untested entity.

What is to say that this young, exciting choice will succeed? I could reel off numerous successful assistant managers who flopped when it came to the top job.

If the situation were different, I would say Arteta has a lot of merits to become our manager; however, right now it's a very big gamble when we're in disarray.

I think we need to siphon off the managers who we would ideally want but aren't suitable choices, and those who we could actually get and have merits.

Sorry, that's a glib answer. While they are all gambles, some are far less of a gamble than others: Arteta for me, for all his merits, is an untested entity.

What is to say that this young, exciting choice will succed? I could reel off numerous successful assistant managers who flopped when it came to the top job.

If the situation were different, I would say Arteta has a lot of merits to become our manager; however, right now it's a very big gamble when we're in disarray.

It's not glib. It's the truth.

There is no attainable manager out there who is not a gamble. There is no one who is a guaranteed success. We need to look forward and stop picking boring, uninspiring, proven to be unsuccessful managers out of fear.

For me, the realistic candidates if we sack Silva are as follows:

Dyche
Howe
Arteta
Moyes
Unsworth

That's how much of a joke we are. I'd probably take Howe out of those.
Personally think Howe would be an upgrade on what we have and of all the names flying around he’s the most appropriate option I reckon.
soz lads

I'm glad the lunatics that wouldn't have Mourinho are not in charge because passing up on that extremely unlikely opportunity would be the biggest travesty to happen to Everton since we lost Kendal abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.