Everton and the Striker conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieH

Player Valuation: £35m
Just heard what Carragher(sorry I know) said about us and our forwards, that we haven't really had a forward(in regards goal scoring returns)worthy of the club in the entire premier league. Yak and Rom aside he's right. The lot across the park nearly always seem to have a top top striker.

Why do we not prioritise a top striker, is it purely money, most of the Prem we haven't had any but whats the excuse now, hopefully Kean becomes that man but way too earlt to tell.

Moyes was always a top striker away from having a really good side.

Should we do more in our recruitment to lure a top name striker.

Anyway Blues, just thought it was an interesting point, what do you all think?

Hopefully we are now in a position where we can regularly attract good young strikers, like Kean. We'll never attract the top bracket while we're in our current position, but hopefully we get younger promising ones. Similar to how the RS got Suarez when he was at Ajax

You don't really need a "striker" you just need goalscorers.

The RS don't have a striker they have 3 goalscorers who play across the front. I

It's about being clinical. And also creative. We lack both

Good point, less reliant on a traditional CF these days.

The RS don't have a striker they have 3 goalscorers who play across the front. I

Correct....we actually get in some really good positions....Walcott usually gets one...one on one each game.....the trouble is we really do not have any composure when those chances come

Spot on. The RS front 3 scored 56 goals between them last season with 2 out of the 3 ending joint top goal scorers in the league with 22 a piece. Evertons total goal tally last season was 54 which kinda puts it into perspective and this season is already looking like it might be even less again.

Spot on. We have a bunch of players at the club whom are incapable of putting the ball in the net.

As we saw with Rom a couple of years ago, we can't just rely on one player to score all of our goals over a season. Our issue is far bigger than any single striker.

Hardly a conundrum we have one of the best young talents in world football warming our bench. We just need to play him

I think you missed the point of the post mate

I think if we look at the front 3 then we have 2 of the most highly rated young players in the world.

The 'big name' would have been Zaha and instead we got Iwobi.

Two of them arent fully match fit and Richarlison looks knackered or out of form.

Not sure who a 'big name striker' would be but i doubt they would be scoring sackfulls with the lack of chances weve created so far this season (looking at Gylfi).

Status
Not open for further replies.