Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re not. I always had my doubts about playing a newly promoted Aston Villa. We’ve got players the bedding will be fine.

If Niasse had played the last 10 game which DCL hasn’t scored in I’d have put money on he would have scored at least 2 goals. DCL just can’t finish massive problem for a striker that is.
He (DCL) constantly makes the wrong runs. Every time Digne plays the ball across the 6 yard box for instance, he's always positioned between the two CBs, so it is an easy clearance for them. He never tries to get in front and beat them to the ball.

Tonight it clicked for Villa. Tonight we were a mess. It happens. They deserved the win. That's all. In fairness though, Siggy and Richie have been crap from the off, I've got more chance of scoring than DCL and schneiderlin is just a traffic cone. I still don't feel the team is balanced?
The team hasn’t seemed to have been balanced for years, snides never worked when playing with Gueye and it looks the same playing with Gomes, that’s not a problem if Gbamin plays. We’re need him Kean and Iwobi to get up to speed quick, that will solve a fair few problems.

I think 4-4-2 was the right call... hit the post and walcott should've slotted

It was and it wasn't.

It's fine to go 4-4-2 but you have to have the right players in the right areas.

We had nobody getting forward from midfield. So we had four forwards all in the area, and then a massive gap between them and Gomes and Schneidelrin.

We created chances out of crosses but we didn't create enough. We should have had 5 or 6 chances. We had two, and one of them was all down to Iwobi's making.

Yerry Mina for going straight for Wesley when he went for Coleman... otherwise this was the toughest MoM decision in a while

Let’s not get carried away.. Iwobi showed energy.. but didn’t do a heck of a lot except hit the post. It just shows how poor we were that he looked good. He fact that the rest were so lethargic is just not acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.