How many goals will we score this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when we get in the swing of things, I think we will bag 65. Not throwing the goals to certain people but just in total. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a new "top scorer". Good season ahead lads

I think 65 is a reasonable aspiration but a lot depends on how Kean settles and how much support and service he will get from everyone else.

I think Kean is a brilliant signing for many reasons but I’ve already expressed previously on here that I’d be very surprised if a 19 year old in his first season in the prem hit an amount you’d expect of a lead striker for a team looking to get into the top 6. I think there’s a huge amount of pressure on Richarlison this season and again he is a young player. So how many league goals do we think we’ll be looking at across the squad and is it enough for where we want to finish?

My tuppence worth:

Kean: 8
DCL: 5
Richarlison: 10
Bernard: 5
Tosun: 3
Siggurdson: 10 (incl. pens)
Walcott: 4
Iwobi: 3
Digne: 3
Mina: 2
Keane: 2
Coleman: 1
Gomes: 1
Gbamin: 1
Schneiderlin: 1
Davies: 2
Delph 1

That’s 62 goals there. In theory just about enough to challenge up and around top 6. There’s a lot of single goals attributed to players here that might not happen and we could easily be looking at the same amount as last season. We’ll have to rely on an absolutely miserly back line in my opinion to be successful this season.

Lost me at Tosun

I think Kean is a brilliant signing for many reasons but I’ve already expressed previously on here that I’d be very surprised if a 19 year old in his first season in the prem hit an amount you’d expect of a lead striker for a team looking to get into the top 6. I think there’s a huge amount of pressure on Richarlison this season and again he is a young player. So how many league goals do we think we’ll be looking at across the squad and is it enough for where we want to finish?

My tuppence worth:

Delph 1

That’s 62 goals there. In theory just about enough to challenge up and around top 6. There’s a lot of single goals attributed to players here that might not happen and we could easily be looking at the same amount as last season. We’ll have to rely on an absolutely miserly back line in my opinion to be successful this season.
FFS, now we know what’s going to happen it’s not worth going the match. You could have put this post behind a spoiler alert.

Kean: 13
DCL: 4
Richarlison: 11
Tosun: 2
Siggurdson: 8 (incl. pens)
Walcott: 2
Iwobi: 4
Sidibe:1
Gomes: 2
Davies: 1
Delph 1

A completely obvious 63 goals. Dont know how it can go any other way.

If we score more than 60 and concede less than 40 i would be more than happy, it would show that we are building as a team and have really strengthened since last season. Right now though it's pretty hard to predict, we're one long term injury away from conceding many more...but if Kean and Iwobi hit the ground running we could reach 65 for.

My tuppence worth:

Delph 1

Spot on this mate, although an oversight on your part has omitted Prince Oumars 20 goals, which makes it 82.

Chelsea have the record for least goals conceded in the premier league at 15.

Id really like us to be able to keep our goals conceded under 30 which should put us in the top 3 or 4 in the league.

In terms of goals scored, if we can better last seasons 54 whilst conceding less than 30 then we'll be right in the mix.

Chelsea have the record for least goals conceded in the premier league at 15.

Id really like us to be able to keep our goals conceded under 30 which should put us in the top 3 or 4 in the league.

In terms of goals scored, if we can better last seasons 54 whilst conceding less than 30 then we'll be right in the mix.

Under 30! you're mental you ha

Status
Not open for further replies.