2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't mathematically wrong.

But it is wrong if you've ever witnessed a season of league football. I think you are well aware of that.
Listen lads on here have watched loads of seasons of football and are still wrong most of the time
I thought you would love the stat that 38 goals could win you a league
Anyway on Topic
Leave it to Silva to decide when Kean starts , he sees him everyday in training

which was my point (or one of them in response to a previous post) - however you will be in difficulty should another team match your record and concede less/score more
One small point
If you win 38 games the surely this other team would lose 2 games making the number of goals they score irrelevant
Edit ; I’m still trying to figure out how the other team can concede less than Zero goals
It may take me a while

Silva should play him when he thinks he is ready and not to appease the fans.....the same fans that if Kean had a stinker would criticise Silva for playing him too soon.

Not really, if he plays kean and he's not yet up to it that's fine, but the best way to get up to speed is playing games

The alternative is continue playing DCL who is useless at the minute

He’ll bring Kean in gradually, then start him against Lincoln where he gets smashed into by a big centre half causing a season ending injury.
That’s how it works at Everton.

@Brisan123

Hahaha... yes yes.... I know

My original post is below and was intended as a positive opinion on signing Kean and having a capable attack and a resolute defence. This was in reply to some negative writings.

The point on scoring conceding goals was general rather than directly in ref to 38 x 1-0s. Poor caveating on my part.

It shouldn’t take you that long re conceding less than zero goals as it’s not possible. :eek:

Only 37 1-0s to go.

One small point
If you win 38 games the surely this other team would lose 2 games making the number of goals they score irrelevant
Edit ; I’m still trying to figure out how the other team can concede less than Zero goals
It may take me a while

We only scored 50 odd last season which was less than Bournemouth who conceded a lot more. We only need to score 1 more than an opposition team to win the game and Kean was brought in to add more bite up front.

Insofar as signing a striker, I think you would be hard pushed to find anyone to say that Kean wasn’t a coup for the club. DCL will provide competition and Richarlison can play in the middle as well. We now have more options out wide as well as the possibility of playing Iwobi as a 10 or going with more purpose towards a 4-3-3.

Brands came up a bit short of our expectations but he’s done a good job in the last 3 windows, including getting quite a few out.

Might be worth giving the lads a few games before saying the wheels are coming off?

I love some of the people on here, who are like "hes too young to lead the line for us".

But not for Juve. If he starts for Juve thats one thing, but for us thats a whole different matter apparently?

He's playing for Everton now though mate, different kettle of fish to playing for those no marks Juventus and Italy, we need to stick with the experienced Lewin because his goals make a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.