Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very disappointed we didn't manage to get Zaha, our front three would have been a menace for any defence. However we have to establish how much a player is worth to us and stick to that valuation. We, of all clubs, should be aware of over paying for players.
We have bought potential, hopefully they will all fulfill that potential and push us on but the lack of experience in depth at the heart of our defence is extremely concerning. Mina has to step up and has to stay fit.
I think Brands report card will read "Could do better".

Hmmmm

Attachments

• AC7F4564-ECFB-4460-8E0F-53B2E3706E16.png
    AC7F4564-ECFB-4460-8E0F-53B2E3706E16.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 295

Not too disappointed tbh, if and it seems a big if,, we were offering the figures and exchange players mentioned. Then i'm glad it hasnt worked out.
He isn't that good imo, certainly not at those prices, not an international player.
And remember who we are and where the club is from, one of the best community clubs in the country imo, and from a city that supports and helps its people , to lavish that kind of figure on a football player seems just wrong.

Actually the sport needs to take a good hard look at itself given the monies spent.

Right got of my high horse now.

What happens if palace go on to get relegated anyway?
They miss the survival money they bet on and more than likely lose him anyway for a smaller fee

People disappointed that we didn't get Zaha but the fact is that we only made 1 bid for him well over a week ago and were never even in for him after that. The excitement and anticipation in the last few days and people expecting us to go for him today with an astronomical bid was created by main stream non-investigative journalist repeaters reporting outright lies that then got tweeted and retweeted to the moon and back and were taken as fact. None of it was even real but all of it was believed. Anything to try and make an exciting deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.