Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

...I think Zouma is a major loss as he provides all the attributes Keane and Mina lack. I’m convinced Keane looked so much less exposed last season because of Zouma’s presence, and i’d be concerned with a Keane/Mina partnership.

So, losing Zouma leaves us weaker and I can see a similar type coming in before the window shuts. That player might initially be a little raw, but i’d be surprised if Brands hasn’t got a big, pacy and athletic CB lined up.

The other position (for me) that needs strengthening is the obvious introduction of a quality striker. Moise Kean rumours won’t go away, but that deal isn’t looking straightforward. I imagine Kean has always been the main target, I also suspect there is a back-up if that doesn’t happen.

Zouma type CB and striker are the additions I can see coming in as priority. If we can move some out, then perhaps a right back and midfielder.

Ah yeah, Militao who cost Porto 40p about 6 hours ago. Spending big doesn’t guarantee quality - As an Evertonian you should be painfully aware of that.
Yes I’m aware.

But if you’re spending 9 figures just on defenders that is literally the opposite of neglecting the defence isn’t it?

Whether the players they’ve brought will be good enough only time will tell but they’re quite clearly trying to address the issue of their defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.