2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked ok the first 30 minutes, nothing fancy, no driving runs that we were used to seeing. One misplaced pass forward pass however. Can't watch any more as I've work to do.

I think managers also might not really promise players that they'll be first choice any more, and expect them to fight for it. Zouma Keane and Mina would have all felt they can be first choice as none of them last year were obvious starters. If we have Mina, Keane, Holgate + 1 and + 1 U23 in reserve in the worst case it will be ideal. I can't think of any CBs to come in though

I can think of one...

3027263.jpg

I think he’s nailed on to come here.

It doesn’t matter for me if he’s better than Christiansen or not. If Chelsea get offered the money we’ll be offering for a 3rd or 4th choice centre half they’ll take it.

No way they’ll refuse 30-40 million for a centre half who’s not first choice.

It’s only a matter of time before he’s here IMO.

I think he’s nailed on to come here.

It doesn’t matter for me if he’s better than Christiansen or not. If Chelsea get offered the money we’ll be offering for a 3rd or 4th choice centre half they’ll take it.

No way they’ll refuse 30-40 million for a centre half who’s not first choice.

It’s only a matter of time before he’s here IMO.

Wish I could share your optimism.

1ST HALF RATING [Football London]

Kurt Zouma 5
Solid at the back when called upon but not really troubled. Although the end of the half was a little scrappy

Others for Reference

Cesar Azpilicueta 5
Linked up with Pedro really well down the right and always pushed on to help the team in attack. However, he couldn't find his teammates with the crosses he put in. 6

David Luiz 5
Bit of a sloppy touch early on from the defender but atoned for it by cutting out the chance. Relatively straightforward for him from there on.

Marcos Alonso 5
Fairly quiet half for the player with all the play on the opposite flank.

When Tyias Browning plays regular Premier League Football as well as starting for his country, please let me know

Duffy is far too slow for us now though Mikey.

Zouma's biggest asset for us is his pace. It's why him and Keane complimented each other well.

Duffy is a solid defender, but has to be in a very certain set up. Not necessarily a long ball side, but definitely a side that sits deeper defensively than we do.

Duffy is far too slow for us now though Mikey.

Zouma's biggest asset for us is his pace. It's why him and Keane complimented each other well.

Duffy is a solid defender, but has to be in a very certain set up. Not necessarily a long ball side, but definitely a side that sits deeper defensively than we do.

Zouma AND Keane is what worked well. No guarantee that Zouma can fit with Chelsea's system.
Kurt was very ordinary for large spells of his loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.