Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lozano “not up to much”????

Only 17 goals and 11 assists in 30 games

That was my point. He’s still had a great season but because the FM lot and the media aren’t drooling over him he’s barely getting a mention here. If he was absolutely imperative to us last window, and has had another top season, why is he not getting a mention whilst Neres is suddenly the must have for us.

Thank god Brands is in charge is all i’ll say. Koeman and Walsh indulged all our transfer fantasies to the extent Vlasic played ok against us and all of a sudden was signed, and look how those signings turned out.

this weasel thing is the worst thing to happen to the transfer thread, I want to come on here and read the obscure links and the 'my hairdressers mates dog told me' stories but posters are now reluctant to put anything up as they are jumped on straight away and tagged in to a stupid index so someone can try and prove they were talking BS. If you hear something and pass it on it doesn't make you all of a sudden accountable for it

Or attention seekers post stuff deliberately to get on the index,

Otherwise known as “ self weaselling”

I don't trust any smoke from Everton under Brands unless it's an actual surprise or someone that makes too much sense - Gomes or Zouma.

That's how he's shown to operate. Last summer was a complete lockdown on info. It's the same now too.

Generally agree, but a certain caliber of player will naturally produce smoke because they're being watched (and touted) much more than others. When Brands moves the target up, there will be more smoke than previously, even if less than with other clubs.

That said, I have no idea if Neres is a realistic target, but I will definitely be getting my hopes up so they can be smashed to bits in about 6 weeks time. That's the lot I've been given in life.

That was my point. He’s still had a great season but because the FM lot and the media aren’t drooling over him he’s barely getting a mention here. If he was absolutely imperative to us last window, and has had another top season, why is he not getting a mention whilst Neres is suddenly the must have for us.

Thank god Brands is in charge is all i’ll say. Koeman and Walsh indulged all our transfer fantasies to the extent Vlasic played ok against us and all of a sudden was signed, and look how those signings turned out.

I’m with you now and get what you’re saying. A new flavour of the month gets thrown around and all of a sudden we can’t live without them. Plenty of examples every window.

For what it’s worth Lozano would be my number 1 signing if we could get him.

Generally agree, but a certain caliber of player will naturally produce smoke because they're being watched (and touted) much more than others. When Brands moves the target up, there will be more smoke than previously, even if less than with other clubs.

That said, I have no idea if Neres is a realistic target, but I will definitely be getting my hopes up so they can be smashed to bits in about 6 weeks time. That's the lot I've been given in life.

I would love to sign him but can we afford him keoing fingers crosses. We will have more Brazilians in our squad than any other PL team.

this weasel thing is the worst thing to happen to the transfer thread, I want to come on here and read the obscure links and the 'my hairdressers mates dog told me' stories but posters are now reluctant to put anything up as they are jumped on straight away and tagged in to a stupid index so someone can try and prove they were talking BS. If you hear something and pass it on it doesn't make you all of a sudden accountable for it

Cracking feedback this mate, sounds like it is very much working as intended.

Interesting roll call of persons liking this post as many of them were tagged as weasels in 2018.

As ever, make of that what you will.

I’m with you now and get what you’re saying. A new flavour of the month gets thrown around and all of a sudden we can’t live without them. Plenty of examples every window.

For what it’s worth Lozano would be my number 1 signing if we could get him.

Yeah would be an absolutely ideal signing. Let someone else pay top dollar for Neres and we swoop in with a great fee for a player who Brands he watched for 2 or 3 seasons.

Lookman doesn’t want to be here, Walcott was shocking last season and onyekuru still can’t get a work permit.

Like I said imagine loosing Bernard & Richarlison and being forced to play Walcott & Lookman for 15 games next season. That’s our season done and not a chance we would challenge top 6.

I could say we don’t need a centre back because we have Mina & Keane. But you will say what if we get injuries we will be left with Holgate. It’s no different.

I agree we need a striker, but we need 4 or 5 first team positions strengthening
I'm not against signing a winger just not Neres because he will cost a ton and if we're gonna spend a ton I rather it be on a striker that's all, Striker and a center back are a real priority then I would say winger/RB.

Left footer who can play on the right and to me is more consistent than Ziyech
Lozano is right footed I believe. I also think Ziyech has a very consistent level of effort and isn't any more inconsistent than most creative players. Sometimes it just doesn't come off but that happens.

I'd be quite happy with either of those or even Neres but that price is getting wild.

Announce George Michael!

Sorry, had to do it.

latest

To stay on topic I hope we sign someone really good at the football.

I see Lozano and Barrios the football manager picks from last summer weren’t up to much this year.

I’d still take both like if Brands pounced on them now for reduced fees.
Barrios has just won the Russian League and got quite far in the Europa like. Also in that Argentina game the other day he looked absolutely superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.