Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking little player is Fraser, last year of his contract so should be able to snaffle him for no more than £25m, which is par for the course these days.
Didn't know about the contract thing. His numbers are clearly inflated by Kopite Eddie's way too open style but even reducing them slightly he is quite good.

Either seen them, heard about them, read about them or a combination. Some could turn out to be dreadful. Not sure if this tournament is being televised but it was last time. Maybe YouTube? UEFA have started putting all their youth tournaments live on there.

U20 World Cup
(23rd May - 15th June)

GROUP A

Poland: David Kopacz (CDM)
Colombia: Carlos Cuesta (CB), Andres Balanta (CDM), Jaime Alvarado (CM), Luis Sandoval (ST), Cucho Hernandez (ST), Luis Sinisterra (LM), Deiber Caicedo (RM), Andres Amaya (RM)
Tahiti:
Senegal:
Ibrahima Niane (ST), Amadou Ndiaye (ST)

GROUP B

Mexico: Diego Lainez (CAM), Roberto de la Rosa (ST)
Italy: Alessandro Plizzari (GK), Davide Bettella (CB), Davide Frattesi (CM), Andrea Pinamonti (ST), Gianluca Scamacca (ST), Gabriele Gori (ST), Luca Pellegrini (LB)
Japan: Keito Nakamura (RM)
Ecuador: Leonardo Campana (ST), Stiven Plaza (ST)

GROUP C

Honduras:
New Zealand:
Sarpreet Singh (CAM), Liberato Cacace (LB)
Uruguay: Nicolas Schiappacasse (LW), Edgar Elizalde (LB), Emiliano Gomez (ST)
Norway: John Kitolano (LB), Leo Ostigard (CB), Hugo Vetlesen (CM), Emil Bohinen (CM), Tobias Borkeeiet (CM), Erling Haland (ST)

GROUP D

Qatar:
Nigeria:
Tom Dele-Bashiru (CM), Nathan Ofoborth (CM), Kingsley Michael (CM)
Ukraine: Andriy Lunin (GK), Vitalii Mykolenko (LB), Vladyslav Supriaha (ST), Danylo Sikan (ST)
USA: Sergino Dest (RB), Mark McKenzie (CB), Chris Durkin (CDM), Ayo Akinola (ST), Alex Mendez (CM), Paxton Pomykal (CAM), Tim Weah (ST), Konrad de la Fuente (RM), Ulysses Llanez (RM), Richard Ledezma (CM), Seb Soto (ST)

GROUP E

Panama:
Mali:
Ousmane Diakite (CDM), Mo Camara (CM), Lassana N'Diaye (ST), Sekou Koita (ST)
France: Entire Team. Isn't even funny how good they are.
Saudi Arabia:

GROUP F

Portugal: Diogo Costa (GK), Diogo Dalot (RB), Diogo Queiros (CB), Diogo Leite (CB), Florentino Luis (CDM), Gedson (CM), Jota (RM), Joao Virginia (GK), Rafael Leao (ST), Thierry Correia (RB), Trincao (LM)
South Korea: Kim Jung-min (CM), Lee Kang-in (RM)
Argentina: Nehuen Perez (CB), Francisco Ortega (LB), Santiago Sosa (CDM), Julian Alvarez (ST), Agustin Almendra (CM), Adolfo Gaich (ST), Gonzalo Maroni (CAM), Cristian Ferreira (CM), Pedro De la Vega (LW), Ezequiel Barco (CAM)
South Africa: Lyle Foster (ST)
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but there are reports that Santiago Sosa's agent is on his way to sort a deal.

I’d do my own U20 list of ones to watch but last time I did it @Connor made fun of me and dented my confidence to post.
Just add to the list of posts @Eggs started

I know I don’t know all of these youngsters but I knew a lot of the Americans and Portuguese with some French so I threw up the promising one that I saw in each team

Meunier is a bit better than Coleman. He's 3 years younger, but if he comes, there's no way Coleman's playing. Simple as that. So of course you can loan Kenny out, you can keep Holgate as an emergency CB/RB, but you've got one of the leaders in the club now on the bench. I would think a younger player that can split time for a year prior to sending Coleman off next year would be the way to go, but I can't argue that Meunier is better. He does seem to be a bit injury prone, though.

Ok, look, I think the US team is going to be decent, but not all of these guys are players to watch. Durkin was great in the U17 WC, but he's not that great. Akinola is a good athlete, but not a great player. Pomykal and Weah, absolutely. Alex Mendez and Ulysses Llanez are actually more interesting prospects than almost anyone in the squad. Dest, Ledezma, de la Fuente could all be really good, but they aren't in the league yet of guys like N'Dicka, Soumare, or Leao.
Dest Ledezma and de la Fuente are all 17 while NDika Soumare and Leao are all 19-20. It’s understandable that they are in youth sides but they are also in youth sides of the some of the best teams out there. To be completely fair to them they have probably played more minutes over the past couple months than their older counterparts.

I also rate Durkin pretty highly for a CDM he is so composed on the ball, albeit in the MLS but I still think the competition there is higher than in youth teams around Europe showing he’s mature for his age. He’s slower and taller than Adams but seems to have the same eye for passes and willingness to put a foot in.

Akinola for me could end up like either Zardes or Lukaku (the Everton one) if he keeps progressing so wouldn’t write him off just yet.

Meunier is better than Coleman in every way possible it is to be better.

Coleman is a good lad and good to have around but sentimental reasons are beyond some people saying we dont need to upgrade

Meunier would be a digne like signing
I’m not sure how good Meunier is, only seen him a few times for Belgium & PSG. And is he 28? So may go against what brands wants to do especially if it’s a big fee & wages

But I agree about Coleman and I’ve said it for a few years that his passing & final ball is very average, he lacks composure in and around the box, most of the time.

Seen another link to a right back today, plays for Benfica, who apparently we have watched quite a bit recently Almeida(something like that) he will be 29 next season but will be cheaper and on less wages than Meunier. I suppose we may have to buy cheaply in one or two positions.

Just add to the list of posts @Eggs started

I know I don’t know all of these youngsters but I knew a lot of the Americans and Portuguese with some French so I threw up the promising one that I saw in each team

....good stuff, that knowledge is welcome. I’m sure we have scouts there, should be a good watch but I dare say it’s like a lot of tournament football that you can’t get too carried away with a good performance. I call it the Phil Babb lesson.

Meunier is a bit better than Coleman. He's 3 years younger, but if he comes, there's no way Coleman's playing. Simple as that. So of course you can loan Kenny out, you can keep Holgate as an emergency CB/RB, but you've got one of the leaders in the club now on the bench. I would think a younger player that can split time for a year prior to sending Coleman off next year would be the way to go, but I can't argue that Meunier is better. He does seem to be a bit injury prone, though.
I will be amazed if we spend a lot of money to sign a player who will fight with Coleman for the right back spot but is only three years younger. We have bigger problems areas to sort out in my opinion.
I would have expected us to sign a player aged 21/22 to cover for a season and maybe push on after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.