Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester at home, Newcastle home and away, Watford home, Huddersfield home, Wolves away and Bournemouth away. These 7 results are the ones I look back on and think if we weren't in bad form, or we had a good goalscorer up front, we would have won and what a different picture we'd be looking at with 16 extra points.

It should never have come to this.
Seventh was an absolute steal following the summer incomings.
The season has been a massive disappointment.
Although latterly Silva seems to have got a grip , what went before was unacceptable.
Everything that needs to be said about the season has been said mate.

Corners been turned now , no good looking back only forward . Next season we'll be pushing top 4 never mind 7th .

Everything that needs to be said about the season has been said mate.

Corners been turned now , no good looking back only forward . Next season we'll be pushing top 4 never mind 7th .
Reign it in a bit please. We have had a few good games after mostly terrible ones. I think saying pushing for top 4 is setting an unrealistic goal. If we finish the season like this then start the first 8-10 games of next season the same then we can look up a bit more.

Reign it in a bit please. We have had a few good games after mostly terrible ones. I think saying pushing for top 4 is setting an unrealistic goal. If we finish the season like this then start the first 8-10 games of next season the same then we can look up a bit more.
Sorry about being a bit upbeat fella but it certainly feels a lot better than it did for the months either side of Xmas.

Seriously tho , add 3/4 top signings of the same calibre as last summer there is no reason why we shouldnt be pushing the top 4 next season.

We had a run of 9/10 weeks following the derby when we were mostly poor. Prior to that we were decent, and in some games were showing the same form as the last few weeks. If we can keep hold of Gomes in particular, our first XI are literally 2 or 3 players away from pushing the top 6.

If we did as you say in the highlighted bit we'd probably be top 3 after 10 games next season.

We had a run of 9/10 weeks following the derby when we were mostly poor. Prior to that we were decent, and in some games were showing the same form as the last few weeks. If we can keep hold of Gomes in particular, our first XI are literally 2 or 3 players away from pushing the top 6.

If we did as you say in the highlighted bit we'd probably be top 3 after 10 games next season.

4-5 MONTHS. Let's not sugar coat it. We've been beyond poor for about half a season.

4-5 MONTHS. Let's not sugar coat it. We've been beyond poor for about half a season.
Bollox. I'm not sugar coating anything. Post December 2nd until 9th February (even that last game was a good performance away to an in form Watford). Before that we were decent, sometimes very good and still within a few points of a CL spot.

The funny thing is there are a few games where we rode our luck a bit, Bournemouth at home Chelsea at home but I can’t think of a game we’re we have been schooled/outplayed home or away all season. Well spurs but that game would have been different if Calvert Lewins legitimate goal stood.

I could be wrong but I think the absolute maximum of English teams in european competitions is 7. In your scenario I think 4th place loses out on CL? Not sure.

I had not heard about a maximum of seven teams from a country play8ng in Europe but it sure seems plausible.

I wouldnt be suprised if Rodgers said to the players, dont win tonight, we dont want to be in Europa so lets throw a few, let some other team get stuck in that nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.