• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, which isn't a nonsense comment, especially if you look at the 2nd-half. The RS were there for the taking.

That’s not the context though is it?

The point is a draw, in the circumstances, was a good result. We could have won given how we played.

But to say we should have beaten them given their form (ie implying that the draw was a disappointing result which was the point of the OP as a dig at Silva) is absolute rubbish.

BBC report:
"The trick for Everton is too repeat this effort and application on a regular basis, not simply when presented with the opportunity to inflict some damage on Liverpool.The occasional rousing of the spirits is not enough. Consistency must be found."
About sums it up for me,if we lose at Newcastle, yesterday won't have much meaning.
Ridiculous statement, that.

Again, it's the media presentation of little old Everton and their 2 world cup finals a year against the wonderful rs. They ignore the fact that we have an awful record against them; that it was klopp who celebrated like a cup final against us in December; that it is normal for the atmosphere to be better at a derby. I'd hazard a guess that the loudest anfield was this season was against us and utd.

Again, it's the media presentation of little old Everton and their 2 world cup finals a year against the wonderful rs. They ignore the fact that we have an awful record against them; that it was klopp who celebrated like a cup final against us in December; that it is normal for the atmosphere to be better at a derby. I'd hazard a guess that the loudest anfield was this season was against us and utd.
Think it's fair to say since December we have been consistently average,the results seem to point to that.

the evidence is right there: bad run of form + away derby = potential loss.

it's not an unreasonable opinion. Liverpool aren't unbeatable.
It's not unreasonable but was highly unlikely.
They are team that for the most part have played like a team all season, are challenging for the title and had just come off the back of a 5-0 whipping of a very good Watford team. We have played like a group of disjointed amateurs for the last 3 months, are/were looking over our shoulders at the bottom three (whether we liked to admit that or not) and beat a Relegation shoe-in team 3-0 that only the score line glossed over a scrappy performance to give it a feeling of good win.
Your heart says we could have beat them but your head should say probably not.

The inclusion of Schneiderlin and dropping of Gomez tells you the way he's thinking: the defence needs all the help it can get screening wise.

I think we'll play more conservatively until the summer when he can sort a few things out. Hopefully.
Spot on. As Liverpool tired and became even less potent, look at the effect Gomes had when he came on.

Get that defence sorted properly and get Gomes signed permanently. 2 of the priorities this summer

That’s not the context though is it?

The point is a draw, in the circumstances, was a good result. We could have won given how we played.

But to say we should have beaten them given their form (ie implying that the draw was a disappointing result which was the point of the OP as a dig at Silva) is absolute rubbish.

I wouldn't say it's absolute rubbish, that's a bit too hyperbolic. I can understand that opinion that we should have beaten them. It's an old-school Evertonian attitude.

I wouldn't say it's absolute rubbish, that's a bit too hyperbolic. I can understand that opinion that we should have beaten them. It's an old-school Evertonian attitude.
By old school evertonian do you mean entitled and unrealistic?

By old school evertonian do you mean entitled and unrealistic?

I mean old-school like expecting to beat our neighbours regardless of form.

When I started following us, our all-time derby stats were about evens, now 30 years later they've won almost 40 more fixtures than we have.

I think he deserves huge credit. Show me a better pair of performances home and away against Liverpool from anyone in the league apart from City? If it wasn’t for a freak mishit keeper error goal (which let’s face it was nothing to do with Silva’s planning) we’d be looking at a pair of 0-0 draws here with us having chances in both games to win it. City aside no other team has even come close to that. Both performances were carried out without the sit 11 behind the ball tactic either. Especially at Anfield we went toe to toe with them. At Goodison not as much but we still had the same number of attempts on target as them. United and Arsenal have both been battered by them and got draws at home, Spurs have already lost at home, Chelsea held to a draw at home, everyone else has been on the end of an absolute mullering at some point. Wolves lost 3-0 at home. There’s us effectively negating one of the top attacks in Europe for 180 mins and the response from some is ‘FFS Silva why didn’t you get the win’. They’ve lost one game all season and have a team hosting the worlds most expensive centreback and second most expensive keeper yet we were a bit of better finishing away from beating them on their own patch. Two great derby performances that bode well for our future under Silva. He knows how to play this mob perfectly.

I took it as being aimed at the team more than the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.