2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 30m it feels a bit like the Arteta transfer to me.
Yes we'll be a bit weaker afterwards but it's a decent fee for a player of his age.
If we were in a top 6 hunt or a scrap I'd say no chance but if there's ever a time you could weaken the present with an eye on the future it's in this over-in-january, mid-table-guarantee nothing of a season.
The squad still needs a lot spending on it and when you have ffp and commitments to throw fortunes at the likes of Bolasie and Sandro in to the next decade then you have to generate some cash from somewhere.

I’d rather have a stronger passer in his role.

Fair enough.

Personally, I think that midfield can work with a proper midfield box-to-box player and a sitter.

Gomes can probably do a bit of both well - as he showed tonight, but we definitely need more presence in there.

Gana will be a miss.

He wants to go, its a good deal we can bring in a player who fits Silva's style more. Good luck to him.

If we manage to get a player in the next 48 hours who can fit straight into the system and the league and offer anywhere close to what Gana can do defensively (at his best, which he hasn't been in recent weeks, now) then we've done very, very well.

There's a reason PSG want the lad, ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.