The Handball

So they've got it all skewed.

If they want drama the league needs to be more competitive without the officials interfering with the outcome with baffling decisions.

The talk of the new PSR being anchored to the lowest earner is nonsense. They're suggesting lowest earner x4.5. that's still roughly 600m a season available to spend. 2.5x or 3x would really tighten things up and make more or less every game a contest.

Arsenal lost the league with a defeat at Villa, since then they've been pretty much perfect. It shouldn't be like that. No team should be safe with 27 points either. It's engineered for the foreign audiences to see wither a 'big six clash' or a big six team hammering one of the other teams who are basically there make up the numbers. It's broken.

watched many replays of this and I really don't understand why Oliver doesn't see the obvious hand-ball on the screen which led to the goal. I am not sure I support the corruption theory as the PGMOL members value integrity over a few bob in a brown envelope. I do believe people make poor split second decisions but this wasn't that. I dont think it was pressure from the home crowd or fear of looking stupid as he can always pass the blame to VAR boys.... I just don't get it. application of hte rules of the game would say that the goal should not have been allowed - what am I missing?
something that, if the obvious truth you admitted to yourself, would cause you discombobulating cognitive dissonance....and there's the rub Charles. It's a cliche, my friend, but slight your existential parapet perimetered castle, bring its walls down...level it to the ground....and the answer to your question is revealed. Agincourt 1415....Henry V...'once more unto the breach'.... 'we few, we happy few....we band of brothers....for he who sheds his blood with me today is indeed my brother'.
in such instance, such febrile circumstance...the truth is revealed to each soul

These are the decisions the reds teams gets. Jota dives, referee is miles away and gives a penalty.
Referee will tend to give the penalty and the var imhas to say it was a clear and obvious error. If the this was any other side the referee would ignore it and then let VAR intervene.
This then is not in the stats that VAR has helped the the RS out making it look less biased

They had 2 v bad decisions the non offside against Tottenham and odegaard handball...its not a conspiracy its incompetence and in olivers case arrogance

They had 2 v bad decisions the non offside against Tottenham and odegaard handball...its not a conspiracy its incompetence and in olivers case arrogance

Did they ever mention that after. I cant recall them bringing it up 😎

I think thats spot on about oliver. full on arrogance. It was im going to show im the man. Doesnt matter its incorrect and ive been asked to look at a clear handball. This is all about ME.

I've just been to an Arsenal forum, just picked one out and found my way to the 'goal' and they were moaning about their
perfomance leading up to it and every one of them called handball while and after VAR sent Oliver to the screen.

They couldn't believe it.

Yet Dermot ( big 4) Gallagher saw nothing wrong with it, colour me shocked.

Did they ever mention that after. I cant recall them bringing it up 😎

I think thats spot on about oliver. full on arrogance. It was im going to show im the man. Doesnt matter its incorrect and ive been asked to look at a clear handball. This is all about ME.

If that's the case then there needs to be repercussions

Game changing decisions like these can't be based on one person's ego

How is anyone not seeing what Jesus did as deliberate…..

He knocked the ball into his path with his arm ffs!

It was intentional and it was handball leading to the goal, once VAR told Oliver to go to the monitor that should have been that, in a non-corrupt league it would have been.

For him to review it and still give the goal is bent.

There should be uproar in the media and from Everton, but no one is arsed, especially at the zombie club we have become.

I'd happily scrap VAR provided Referees are obligated to face the media just as managers are post match.

Some shambolic performances are rewarded season upon season with incredibly generous pay. For example, Oliver as our 'top' ref gets roughly:

£40k retainer
£200k salary
£1500 'match allowance'

On top of this, he'll get handsomely rewarded for UEFA/FIFA matches he's inevitably selected for.

He's approaching £400k a year all in, but obviously has a massive chip on his shoulder that a 17 year old earns more sat on the bench for Chelsea.

He's paid well, he should be accountable and a transparent grading metric applied by the PGMOL that's signed off by both managers for that match.

The standard of refereeing has dropped steadily over the past 20 years in this country, something has to change.
Lack of accountability is biggest problem, at 1 stage refs were demoted to lower league games, after bad performances. Sometimes refs did interviews after games, now they can just make ridiculous decisions and not have to explain themselves. Add to that managers can't speak out against them. Before VAR decisions evened themselves out, now VAR is just used to bring more drama into game. Not 1 Palace player made a big deal over DCLs tackle, yet ref still sent him off. Plus our media play a huge role in it, you only have to look at VVD injury. It was a 50/50 VVD came out worst. Our media put Pickford and his family in danger by implying it was deliberate. Youngs handball v Forest, was identical to Keanes against RS, unsurprisingly RS get penalty, Forest don't.

If anything it should be the total opposite the handball law was basically to stop people from picking the ball up it wasnt designed to be used for giving penalties when a ball bounces up onto someones arm without them realising.
I agree Jimmy. Lots of the rules don't really make any sense. I hate the number of penalties given (bought) nowadays for absolutely nothing, players deliberately initiating contact to go down etc. That was never the intention of the rule which was to stop deliberate fouls preventing goals.

That Odegaard one wasn't a handball for me. It was completely unintentional and a penalty wouldn't have been a fair decision.

something that, if the obvious truth you admitted to yourself, would cause you discombobulating cognitive dissonance....and there's the rub Charles. It's a cliche, my friend, but slight your existential parapet perimetered castle, bring its walls down...level it to the ground....and the answer to your question is revealed. Agincourt 1415....Henry V...'once more unto the breach'.... 'we few, we happy few....we band of brothers....for he who sheds his blood with me today is indeed my brother'.
in such instance, such febrile circumstance...the truth is revealed to each soul
yeah, that too....