777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Leadenhall lot seem even more naive than Mosh!
It’s really not that difficult to validate collateral against which you want to lend hundreds of millions of pounds, nor is it a highly guarded secret when a company has liens or who has priority over debts.
Sounds like Wander well and truly pulled their pants down (bit like they seem to be doing to Everton / Mosh)
It's harder than you might think in the U.S., because the note (loan terms) is never a matter of public record. If the collateral is a building, car or other titled object that moves like a plane, sure, that's easy to verify. States keep records on that stuff.

It gets a little dodgy on most anything else. If you put up a $40 million artwork on loan A, I can't see that the way I could if a company in the UK did it. All I have to go on is your word and whatever my friends in the business will quietly, unsourced, cough up.

People don't much double pledge collateral because it's fraud that's easy to prove and results in a jail term, but it does happen. I inherited a problem where someone rooked my predecessor into putting an entire mortgage on a house the guy didn't own, one time.

I believe the fit and proper test is a waste of time if they can’t ultimately sell non suitable owners to sod off.

Yep, the fact that it's as clear as day that they're not fit and proper, yet after 9 months they're still offering 777 hoops to jump through in order to aquire Everton, I think that shows the level of incompetence from how the PL regulate these matters.

Yep, the fact that it's as clear as day that they're not fit and proper, yet after 9 months they're still offering 777 hoops to jump through in order to aquire Everton, I think that shows the level of incompetence from how the PL regulate these matters.
The best part is that they'll probably hide behind, "Well, we're not a regulator," as if the government might give the fox the power to regulate the chicken coop.

Is it possible that our forthcoming player trading could make a difference to the sale of the club?

Because it is both possible and indeed likely that Everton will be selling playing assets worth in excess of 100 million pound over the next few months. Such figures are not insignificant.

How could the sale of these players effect both Moshiri and Everton Football Club with regards to the sale of the business? Is it in Moshiri’s best interest to be waiting until after the players have been sold before selling the club?

Is it possible that our forthcoming player trading could make a difference to the sale of the club?

Because it is both possible and indeed likely that Everton will be selling playing assets worth in excess of 100 million pound over the next few months. Such figures are not insignificant.

How could the sale of these players effect both Moshiri and Everton Football Club with regards to the sale of the business? Is it in Moshiri’s best interest to be waiting until after the players have been sold before selling the club?
Assets are nice but cash-flow / liquidity is king - I'd say you are right.

Would you be interested in a club with a squad so threadbare that it was virtually guaranteed to lose it's Premier League status. It's only the TV money that makes us worth anything

Would you be interested in a club with a squad so threadbare that it was virtually guaranteed to lose it's Premier League status. It's only the TV money that makes us worth anything

Agreed! But those players are still gona be sold despite the risk of lowering the quality of the squad.

But with smart trading, it is possible to strengthen through sales imo. I mean, replacing Onana with Barkley on a free would improve our midfield, and it’s not impossible that we could do something similar with Branthwaite.

I’m not saying it will happen, but if Moshiri could attract that Tosin from Fulham on a free transfer (possibly with wages that Moshiri won’t have to worry about because he’s about to sell) then the club would definitely be in better health imo.

But my question is asking how this could possibly effect the takeover? And it seems like it could be in Moshiri’s best interest to wait until the player sales have been completed before selling.

That would depend on who actually owns the stadium. Brand? I live in a fair sized Spanish city if you asked on the street you'd get a blank look and a "What's an Everton"
I've lived in Spain myself - and they don't take a great deal of interest in the PL, they have their own league of course.

Ask them who Man City are and of course they know because the of CL - they wouldn't have 10 years ago.

My point is not that Everton is a big or global brand at the moment - it isn't - just that it is a potential one.

It's worth something - just not a lot right now.

I've lived in Spain myself - and they don't take a great deal of interest in the PL, they have their own league of course.

Ask them who Man City are and of course they know because the of CL - they wouldn't have 10 years ago.

My point is not that Everton is a big or global brand at the moment - it isn't - just that it is a potential one.

It's worth something - just not a lot right now.
Sadly we have in tangible assets about the same as Sunderland. The have a relatively new stadium an average gate of close to 40,000 but if you had the money would you buy them? Premier league football is the key,sell your best players and suddenly you become the next potential Sunderland.

Sadly we have in tangible assets about the same as Sunderland. The have a relatively new stadium an average gate of close to 40,000 but if you had the money would you buy them? Premier league football is the key,sell your best players and suddenly you become the next potential Sunderland.
It is a fine line, I agree. The cynic might suggest that is why the PL is trying to embed a top 6 that can almost guarantee income.

It is a fine line, I agree. The cynic might suggest that is why the PL is trying to embed a top 6 that can almost guarantee income.
The last decade or more of Everton's financial ineptitude has made me very cynical. When you have a billionaire owner who could buy the stadium outright but won't put any of his own money on the line no wonder any potential real or imaginary buyers are standing back to see what unfolds. Thinks is very clear that the Prem needed to make certain promises to certain clubs to thwart that planned break away League.

Player sales this summer will be used to repay 777 and give them some much needed liquidity across their operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.