New Everton Stadium Discussion

Fan-plaza-trees.JPG

Very nice..

Oh God, I'm going to miss her.

I'm so glad I had that opportunity to be with my lad when he made that his number one Goodison memory.

That was special last night, a really special moment in time that will never leave either of us. I don't think you'll get last night anywhere else in terms of atmosphere, not currently anyway.

Wow.
A fantastic memory to have.

As with many of us I follow Everton because of my Dad. I have quite a few wonderful memories of being with him at Goodison, especially night games. One which stands out was when we beat West Brom 2-0 on a Wednesday night in April 1970 to clinch the league title (April 1st I think). There was over 58,000 packed in and my Dad had managed to get 2 seats (I know!) in the Upper Gwladys (he worked for an independent bakery called Thomas Scott & Sons and Thomas Scott was 'something' at Everton, possibly on the board in some capacity. Thomas Scott was a real philanthropist, too, and occasionally gave out complimentary tickets). Not long before the end of the game the crowd were just chanting "Champions" and banging their feet on the wooden floors and clapping three times before repeating it for what seemed like 10 minutes. The whole ground was doing it. The noise was like cannons going off and the echoing of "Champions" seemed to go on forever. Most in the Upper Gwladys were on their feet, stomping the floors like crazy and my Dad had me lifted by the scruff of the neck over everyone so I could see (and I was 10 years old, my Dad was built like a bear, scruff of the neck, one arm straight up in the air).

I can still feel, hear and see it now, that joy, that noise, the lights, the pitch, the people, my Dad. I obviously haven't forgotten a single moment and I hope your lad remembers last night with you because, trust me, it means something (and it was against 'them', too. Bonus!).

He was giving his rs mates the beans as soon as we left the ground said pay back for all the shabite he’s taken 😂😂
Just a little update, Grandson was sent out of class today for arguing with a rs supporter, when arguing he asked her if she goes the game to which she said no then your opinion doesn’t count he told her, she blew her top. Also didn’t help himself either by singing Everton songs in class. I know I shouldn’t be but I have to admit quite proud of him 😂😂😂

Just a little update, Grandson was sent out of class today for arguing with a rs supporter, when arguing he asked her if she goes the game to which she said no then your opinion doesn’t count he told her, she blew her top. Also didn’t help himself either by singing Everton songs in class. I know I shouldn’t be but I have to admit quite proud of him 😂😂😂

Hope his teacher isn't a rs supporter as they'll try and expell him.

They can't cope with losing any game, let alone against us!

Hope is teacher hasn't got a Masters.

A fantastic memory to have.

As with many of us I follow Everton because of my Dad. I have quite a few wonderful memories of being with him at Goodison, especially night games. One which stands out was when we beat West Brom 2-0 on a Wednesday night in April 1970 to clinch the league title (April 1st I think). There was over 58,000 packed in and my Dad had managed to get 2 seats (I know!) in the Upper Gwladys (he worked for an independent bakery called Thomas Scott & Sons and Thomas Scott was 'something' at Everton, possibly on the board in some capacity. Thomas Scott was a real philanthropist, too, and occasionally gave out complimentary tickets). Not long before the end of the game the crowd were just chanting "Champions" and banging their feet on the wooden floors and clapping three times before repeating it for what seemed like 10 minutes. The whole ground was doing it. The noise was like cannons going off and the echoing of "Champions" seemed to go on forever. Most in the Upper Gwladys were on their feet, stomping the floors like crazy and my Dad had me lifted by the scruff of the neck over everyone so I could see (and I was 10 years old, my Dad was built like a bear, scruff of the neck, one arm straight up in the air).

I can still feel, hear and see it now, that joy, that noise, the lights, the pitch, the people, my Dad. I obviously haven't forgotten a single moment and I hope your lad remembers last night with you because, trust me, it means something (and it was against 'them', too. Bonus!).

I took my kids to the same match…..