2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

You never know, playing Chemetti and trying to play the ball to someones feet rather than smashing it in the air from 80 yards might be an awakeaning for dyche.

Although I fully expect Keano to be up front if DCL is injured, or maybe Danjuma as Dyche seems to be trying his best to destroy him
why would we change our style of play just because Chermiti is in the team? We dont change our style when anyone else plays up front.

Dom's got to play for me. If its just a knock then he should be OK. Anything hamstring related and obviously he won't play. If Chermiti does play then we can't expect much of the lad. The games I've seen him play in, he has all the hold up play and control of a pin ball. Nothing sticks, everything bounces off. An extra midfielder with no striker might not be a bad shout. Basically just playing 2x advanced midfielders in the Doucoure position.

….he’s an option when fit, pointless playing him with a tight hamstring because his season is over once it pops.

Like you've mentioned previously, he's currently operating at around 3rd gear so if he's not absolutely 100%, it simply isn't worth playing him because he'll either

A) break down
B) put in the kind of performance where it simply isn't up to the standard of what's needed tonight

Whoever plays tonight has to go to war with VVD and whoever else they play. They'll have to occupy 2 centre halves, split them, get them having to work in areas they don't want to.

I'm not sure anyone is capable of doing what's needed but as an unknown quantity, would Chermiti be the best option?

Really big night for Dyche and who he picks and how he sets the team up. He's got a decision on who to select at full back, a decision on does he pack the midfield with legs and a decision on who plays up top.

He's going to need to get all 3 main decisions right for us to get a result I think.

I think he plays. That looked like a knee problem against Forest. He was sat up on the floor getting treatment above and below the kneecap.