Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I am just saying psychologically, we can’t get a sucker punch in this derby. I remember a few years ago we were on a run and the Origi scored the extra time goal, we went on a bad streak after.

Winning with Richie and Co really lifted us up

This game is more than the points, it’s really psychology.

I am just saying psychologically, we can’t get a sucker punch in this derby. I remember a few years ago we were on a run and the Origi scored the extra time goal, we went on a bad streak after.

Winning with Richie and Co really lifted us up

This game is more than the points, it’s really psychology.
For me if we did get beat like that fine end of the day they are going for the league and still a very good side. Is just an extra game for me to get even a point, the forest game has taken the pressure away from it. But we still must try take advabtage to create more space between us and the bottom. The manager has some choices to make with rotation and with the dcl problem who i would just not risk imo

Lots of 0-0 draws against the RS at Goodison. I expect that it will be 0-0 or a thrashing. A 0-0 would be wonderful

So many of us really do expect so little from this we fail to see the point in even trying. That's what 30 years of failure does to a club I guess. The really sad thing is that this mentality is so difficult to get rid of. Will we ever go into a derby expecting to win in our life times? I doubt it.