Relegation 23/24 Thread

We have Liverpool and Arsenal to play which is a guarantee of no points from either game. So if we also lose to Luton that just leaves a possible 6 points from Brentford and Sheffield United which would put us on 36 as it stands. Luton could get to 37 with 4 wins but considering they've only won 4 in the last 21 PL games I think 4 in 4 is beyond unlikely.
It probably is - but the only caveat is that strange things happen at the end of a season. Teams that have little left to play for tend to go AWOL meaning it's a little more likely a poor side can scratch out what would be unexpected results earlier in the season. The key for us is to make sure we are beyond Luton's grasp after we have played them. That means not losing to them. If we can beat Brentford, even better. But if we can't, then we must not lose at Luton. Psychologically, they will see that game as their last chance to catch us. We need to disasbuse them of that notion.

You’re right, I didn’t factor in the game in hand.

Regardless, I’ve seen Luton fans mostly say the draw was the better result and some saying they’d have rather us lose than Forest as the next best. Fact is it’s so debatable what Luton wanted (especially with the mystery of the appeals) that a Luton supporting official wouldn’t know how to rig the game even if he was minded to.
Exactly.

It probably is - but the only caveat is that strange things happen at the end of a season. Teams that have little left to play for tend to go AWOL meaning it's a little more likely a poor side can scratch out what would be unexpected results earlier in the season. The key for us is to make sure we are beyond Luton's grasp after we have played them. That means not losing to them. If we can beat Brentford, even better. But if we can't, then we must not lose at Luton. Psychologically, they will see that game as their last chance to catch us. We need to disasbuse them of that notion.
I think the talk of team having their flip flops on gets overdone a bit myself I think its probably just as common that teams feel they have a bit more freedom and less pressure with not much to play for and pull off some good results. The caveat for me would just be that when it gets to this point you're literally only talking about one or two results and obviously strange things can happen in individual games its not the same as sustained form like you'd be talking about earlier in the season.

We're safe . Even if we just beat Sheffield United at home and pick up another draw or get one point back from the latest ffp case .. There's no way Luton or Burnley are even getting to 34 points.

We have Liverpool and Arsenal to play which is a guarantee of no points from either game. So if we also lose to Luton that just leaves a possible 6 points from Brentford and Sheffield United which would put us on 36 as it stands. Luton could get to 37 with 4 wins but considering they've only won 4 in the last 21 PL games I think 4 in 4 is beyond unlikely.
Come on micky lad you know it's never that simple with everton. We will probably get 1 more point from the remaining games. Go down by a point and then get a point back on appeal and stay up on goal difference

I saw it on here, but I'll repeat it anyway. If we gain 4 more points, Notts need to win 3/4 which includes fixtures against City and Chelsea. Win Saturday and it should really be over, particularly if Luton and Notts Forest both lose on the weekend.

Wolves have Bournemouth then Luton.
A genuine chance to pick up 6 points and potentially leap up the table and scratch at a European place. You can bet they won't be on the beach for either fixture.
Wolves have picked up 2 point from the last 15 (draws v Burnley and Forest), based on that form I wouldn't pin much hope on them helping us out