2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Chermiti should not be starting vs that lot. It’s what Dyche did with simms last year. It’s poor management to bring in a kid for this one game.
Its not really poor management to use your best option. If hes not the best option then fine but if the other 2 strikers are out and he's seen as the next best then it is taking agendas to an entirely new level to say it would be bad to play him!

I don’t see much choice if DCL is a risk because we can’t take that risk. Chermiti was bought to be third choice striker, IMO it’s worse management to have him waiting around all year then still not play him in the exact circumstances he’s been waiting for.
Yeah that’s my issue with it. It’s really poor management. He hasn’t even been playing U21s for game time and has made a grand total of 123 minutes for us. Giving him 1 minute here and there and then thrusting him into one of our biggest games is a shortsighted approach to his development.

(I’m not sure he was brought in as 3rd choice striker, I think Danjuma was planned to be ahead of him for that and Chermiti was meant to be a longer term development and not necessarily as a first team squad player - based off Thelwell calling him a “player for tomorrow”)

Yeah that’s my issue with it. It’s really poor management. He hasn’t even been playing U21s for game time and has made a grand total of 123 minutes for us. Giving him 1 minute here and there and then thrusting him into one of our biggest games is a shortsighted approach to his development.

(I’m not sure he was brought in as 3rd choice striker, I think Danjuma was planned to be ahead of him for that and Chermiti was meant to be a longer term development and not necessarily as a first team squad player - based off Thelwell calling him a “player for tomorrow”)
You're really not making any sense at all at this point.

You never know, playing Chemetti and trying to play the ball to someones feet rather than smashing it in the air from 80 yards might be an awakeaning for dyche.

Although I fully expect Keano to be up front if DCL is injured, or maybe Danjuma as Dyche seems to be trying his best to destroy him