2023/24 Sean Dyche

Eh?! Young came in before Chermiti, Danjuma, Beto and Harrison which suggests it wasn’t ‘the best that was on offer’ at all, more that idiot Dyche wanted him
The idiot that has basically taken us from relegation fodder to mid table? (Barring points deductions). Young had a stella final season at villa, i thought we could get a tune out of him. Well done on your hindsight that he was going to be poor and legs gone....like i said perhaps he was all that was available when we signed him.. i didnt know chermiti, danjuma, beto and harrison were directly comparable as full backs.....who would you have signed on loan or for free as a full back? Rememereing the only minimal money we had was needed for a striker....
Also he doesnt owe us anything, he was free. Believe what you want though fella if it makes you happy - ill keep supporting the current manager until the real problem decides to sack him and bring more chaos to the club.

That’s not my argument. It’s the fact moshiri wanted him over dyche, he was his first choice
Bielsa would have had us relegated by now. 100%. We do not have the players for him. Maybe he would be OK with some cash, but we have none. Thos squad with Bielsa, no pace, no abiltu to pass, no fight... total joke!. We would be having Chelsea results and masses more fume every week.

In fairness he absolutely had the rug pulled from underneath him and had consistently been given only a fraction of what he could raise in sales to spend - and even that was deemed too much in his last couple of seasons. You can only go to the well so many times with that approach. See also the Southampton hierarchy kidding themselves that their excellent academy and purchase of young fringe players from other clubs would sustain relentless selling of established first team talent.

You can't really compare it with Moyes time at Everton if you're going to argue to disregard things that happened 8 years ago. That's double standards. Moyes joined Everton 22 years ago and left 11 years ago. Considerably more time than the 'old European chestnut'.
Dyche had more money than Moyes. He spent something like 200mil and brought in 120mil. 80mil ain’t a lot , but it’s a bit more than a fraction. I take it was 10yrs after Moyes so you have factor in prices going through the roof, Moyes debt on spending was about 25mil from 2002 to 2012.

Moyes also improved the Everton team from a results and performance stand point. Last 8 years top 8 every season
Dyche didn’t improve Burnley they got worse, because dyche thought the players he bought in 14/15/16 would work in 21/22.

Dyche had more money than Moyes. He spent something like 200mil and brought in 120mil. 80mil ain’t a lot , but it’s a bit more than a fraction. I take it was 10yrs after Moyes so you have factor in prices going through the roof, Moyes debt on spending was about 25mil from 2002 to 2012.

Moyes also improved the Everton team from a results and performance stand point. Last 8 years top 8 every season
Dyche didn’t improve Burnley they got worse, because dyche thought the players he bought in 14/15/16 would work in 21/22.
I did the maths, Moyes spent I think it was 13million NET over 11 years.

But to be fair it was a different world back then.

We paid 5m for Jags and Lescott, both of those would cost you 20m+ in this era.

Not to mention some of the signings Moyes made. Under normal circumstances, no way do Burnley ever compete with Everton when it comes to signing players, being an attractive proposition. transfer fees. wages etc. Comparing Moyes at Everton and Dyche at Burnley is like comparing apples and oranges.
And that’s why dyche need booting, because we will only attract journeymen kick and rush no marks

The idiot that has basically taken us from relegation fodder to mid table? (Barring points deductions). Young had a stella final season at villa, i thought we could get a tune out of him. Well done on your hindsight that he was going to be poor and legs gone....like i said perhaps he was all that was available when we signed him.. i didnt know chermiti, danjuma, beto and harrison were directly comparable as full backs.....who would you have signed on loan or for free as a full back? Rememereing the only minimal money we had was needed for a striker....
Also he doesnt owe us anything, he was free. Believe what you want though fella if it makes you happy - ill keep supporting the current manager until the real problem decides to sack him and bring more chaos to the club.

It isn’t hindsight, loads of people said it at the time. It wasn’t hard to predict that a 38 year old’s legs were going to go very early into the season, and whatever he did for Villa the year before was completely irrelevant.

For compare and contrast purposes. None of the other sides kept every one of their respective players either. It's a means to gauge the strength of the league in a certain year and to consider how the managers have gotten on.
In addition, were their clubs dysfunctional, effectively bankrupt and screwed from top to bottom? Everton are all those things so before anyone wants to replace Dyche (we could not afford to) there are one or two problems to solve first.

All them managers, either were given loads of money ie Nuno and Bielsa or managed big clubs that had premier league money. Rafael, dyche, Kompany.
Like I’ve said he’s took 2 different clubs from the bottom of the championship to the play offs with limited resources, that’s not a fluke
Dyche having premier league money.....you mean like Everton style premier league money = nada? Pretty sure he had minimal resource at Burnley they were basically a championship budget and he massively overachieved.
No idea abiut this other Corberan fella. Prob be gash if he came to us there are so many variables. Working at Everton is like drinking from the pousoned challice. Very few managers are a guarenteed fit especially with a club with no patience and shocking all around management and no longbterm planning.

I did the maths, Moyes spent I think it was 13million NET over 11 years.

But to be fair it was a different world back then.

We paid 5m for Jags and Lescott, both of those would cost you 20m+ in this era.
Wow less than I thought. Moyes realised in 2005 Kevin kilbane wouldn’t get us to the next level, so bought pienaar and mirallas. Dyche would just keep buying kilbanes and wondering why they Start falling through the floor

Someone posted a list of his spending at Burnley the other day, it's more than you would think and most of it was utterly wasted on tat. The Southampton thing stopped because they sacked Les Reed who was in charge of the academy and quite a bit more behind the scenes and everything just fell to bits when they let him go.

This is a terrible transfer window season by any measure.

It isn’t hindsight, loads of people said it at the time. It wasn’t hard to predict that a 38 year old’s legs were going to go very early into the season, and whatever he did for Villa the year before was completely irrelevant.
Well perhaps it was worth a punt - not all signings work out. But at least we didnt pay 30 mil for him and then find out hes finished.
Like i say who would you have got for free instead?

Well perhaps it was worth a punt - not all signings work out. But at least we didnt pay 30 mil for him and then find out hes finished.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 justifying us buying young who has at least cost us 5mil maybe more 6/7mil
What do you think about dyche at times playing him on the wing ? ?? Seen as he hasn’t played on the wing in years. No doubt you think it’s a dyche master stroke

We signed Young initially as left back cover. I would’ve gone for Kieran Tierney on loan and mentioned it at the time. But regardless, there are absolutely hundreds of alternatives to 38 year old Ashley Young out there. There is simply no excuse for signing a 38 year old outfield player, none whatsoever. It should never happen.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 justifying us buying young who has at least cost us 5mil maybe more 6/7mil
What do you think about dyche at times playing him on the wing ? ?? Seen as he hasn’t played on the wing in years. No doubt you think it’s a dyche master stroke
Not really, im.saying i agree hes been poor. I have asked who you would have signed for free instead with the options that were available at the time?

We signed Young initially as left back cover. I would’ve gone for Kieran Tierney on loan and mentioned it at the time. But regardless, there are absolutely hundreds of alternatives to 38 year old Ashley Young out there. There is simply no excuse for signing a 38 year old outfield player, none whatsoever. It should never happen.
So write to Thelwell. Hes the DOF and ultimately responsible...
Maybe this should be moved to the Thelwell chat.