2023/24 Sean Dyche

@ForeverBlue92 hears this a lot - is there any proof of this ?

Doing well with a Championship side is surely getting them in a position to ride home into auto promotion ? He seems decent but nothing special at this stage.

If he was called Carl Cobin and Dyche was called Sebastian Dychinho the hipsters would be saying the reverse.

Maybe Young was the best that was on offer? I dont know but Sean does not have the final say on player recruitment. We are in a position where Ashley Young is the type of free player we have to negotiate for. And maybe looks good on paper...his legs have gone IMO but he looked OK at villa.
The club have given up on youth development and im sure in the background Sean / Thelwell are trying to get that going again. In the interim we are stuck with no youth player coming through and signing free dinosaws.
Eh?! Young came in before Chermiti, Danjuma, Beto and Harrison which suggests it wasn’t ‘the best that was on offer’ at all, more that idiot Dyche wanted him

Doing well with a Championship side is surely getting them in a position to ride home into auto promotion ? He seems decent but nothing special at this stage.

If he was called Carl Cobin and Dyche was called Sebastian Dychinho the hipsters would be saying the reverse.
Oh god.. here comes the village idiot, sir farhad himself.

We've been a basket case for nearly 4 years...no decent manager will go near us until we're a steady ship mate.
We are a basket case currently, but money talks. Pay someone enough and they will take the role. It's a moot point like, as unless we get taken over by an oil state, Dyche is here for the summer, and unless we make a horrific start next season, I reckon he's here til xmas at the very least.

It depends on money. Remember people laughing when Ancelotti was linked?

All things being equal, those other clubs still don't have the same long term draw as we do.
We can be somewhat of a draw if we look like we are on an upward trajectory.

Nobody with half a brain and any prospects wants to be the bloke to take us down after all this time in our current predicament.

I know it is not what a club of our history should want

But the next few seasons is about getting ourselves more stable on the pitch and financially and when we become that with our new stadium we can start looking up and attracting better players. As why would any decent player wants to play for us right now when we are ran like a circus

Is the Dyche the answer for getting Europe? I don't think so. But for now he is the right answer for me

We are a basket case currently, but money talks. Pay someone enough and they will take the role. It's a moot point like, as unless we get taken over by an oil state, Dyche is here for the summer, and unless we make a horrific start next season, I reckon he's here til xmas at the very least.

xmas? why not the whole season

anyway back to the point money doesn’t always talk mate - the off
the field mess isn’t a draw

But the next few seasons is about getting ourselves more stable on the pitch and financially and when we become that with our new stadium we can start looking up and attracting better players. As why would any decent player wants to play for us right now when we are ran like a circus

Is the Dyche the answer for getting Europe? I don't think so. But for now he is the right answer for me

Yeah, we need to move on from the history stuff for now anyway and realize what we are right now which is just another club.

I honestly don't know if Dyche is the answer or not, with the points deductions, lack of quality or money to change anything and reduction of our youth set up I am not even sure what the question is anymore let alone the answer.

Using terms like "trigger headlines" and then accusing others of pushing agendas, smh.

The fact of the matter is that we went a third of a season without winning a match and, during the majority of that time, played dreadful football, really poor performances. You might be comfortable with that but I'm not. Our fiscal reality is that our squad is likely to get worse, if your argument is that this is the best that Dyche can do with the squad then, given a worse squad, that bodes poorly for next season. Your point might be that what Sean Dyche is getting out of the squad is the maximum anybody could get out of the squad, loads of posters have said that and I can't remember if you are one of them (it certainly would be on brand). If that is your point then I fervently disagree. My view is that he is an extremely limited manager who is playing how he has always played and history tells us that his style of play, ultimately, leads to relegation. I would prefer to avoid that outcome.

We were a relegation threatened side when he got here. I'm very comfortable with the fact through a season we would have rough patches as there was no way it was ever going to be comfortable. Our roughest patch "for 50 years" pales in comparison to the bigger issue off the field which is probably the worst it's ever been. Ever.

But isn't that a contradiction to say he'll have a worse squad next season so let's get someone else in solely due to his brand of football? If there was someone who can deal with the circumstances we have for next season, it's Dyche. Burnley should never have been a premiership side for as long as they were because of the budget, not due to football. Better footballing sides like Norwich came up and went straight back down. Others have spent more and gone down.

Sometimes a manager fits the clubs circumstances. That's us at the moment. Getting a manager in that wants to suit HIS circumstances (see Rafael and Lampard) are gone by January.

He took over Huddersfield they had finished 18th in his first season he finished 20th next season he got them 3rd and they lost in the play off final to Forest. He left and the next season back to 18th

He took over West Brom when they were 2nd from bottom and got them to 9th last season and this season they’re 5th in the play off. I’d also guess that both clubs were nowhere near the biggest spenders and competing with prem clubs and there parachute payments