2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

We need a progressive winger before we start looking for progressive full backs...

Done fantastic, and is one the of key pieces we need to maintain if we want to make the most of the next couple of seasons.

We need someone equally as good defensively on the right who can form a partnership with Tarkowski.

Once we have a back 4 that all trust each other and can keep out the top 6 sides we have a foundation to build on.

I thought we wrote him off in November.

We did. We were weong. Shame on us, but many still think we need a more progressive LB and I get that

"We" ?

No.

We need a progressive winger before we start looking for progressive full backs...

Done fantastic, and is one the of key pieces we need to maintain if we want to make the most of the next couple of seasons.
Defensively, one of the best fullbacks in the top 5 leagues in Europe according to the stats.

Yes, doesn’t offer loads going forwards (but is still in the 73rd percentile for goals scored by fullbacks).

The way I look at it, when we had baines and Hibbert, Hibbert offered virtually nothing going forwards but was sound defensively. This allowed baines to be very offensive as the cbs and Hibbert would shift round and be strong enough to cover.

Essentially, we have that in Myko, but we don’t have a right side to do the offensive work. And rarely have a right side to do the defensive work.