Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I was a Forest fan I would be very disappointed with the refereeing today. We, as a club, cannot complain about the standard of refereeing and then not recognise clear and obvious mistakes. While I am happy with the result I recognise we benefited from poor refereeing. We also seen Sean Dyche at his worst, picking Young and then sticking with him even thought he was panicking under pressure is poor management. But again, three points was massive.
The issue for Forrest is the ref didn't give any of them and all the VAR did was agree with him.

If the ref gave one or two and then VAR intervened to reverse the decisions it's a different story.

I agree VAR and referring has been poor, but a few teams could say that looks at Wolves they have had seven or so really poor decisions against them and multiple apologies from the PGMOL

I'm a fan of bringing foreign officials into the prem who are considered the best. That way I think only refs in England who actually perform will be given games in the top flight.

The rest can officiate lower leagues

The issue for Forrest is the ref didn't give any of them and all the VAR did was agree with him.

If the ref gave one or two and then VAR intervened to reverse the decisions it's a different story.

I agree VAR and referring has been poor, but a few teams could say that looks at Wolves they have had seven or so really poor decisions against them and multiple apologies from the PGMOL

I'm a fan of bringing foreign officials into the prem who are considered the best. That way I think only refs in England who actually perform will be given games in the top flight.

The rest can officiate lower leagues

Today also highlights how unlikely VARs are to overrule their mates. Its a shambles all around. Just bin it off.

Honestly. I’m a proper blue, I would say. But when people say stuff like this it bugs me. He does touch him. He boots the bottom of his foot. It’s a penalty. The handball is booted at him from a yard away, not much he can do other than to jump with his hands behind his back, which is very hard to do, it’s debatable. Third is a penalty, gone right through the man to get the ball.

However, we never got a shirt pull against Spurs, we never got one back at Forest when Coleman was brought down from behind. For once things went for us today and somebody’s else’s expense.

However, I now fully expect a penalty to Liverpool on Wed and probably a red card to us, the officials will be talking about it and they will take it back from us. Always happens.
Said this to a mate. We got a slice of luck today, which is just as well as we’ll get non against the RS. Genuinely struggling to think of a major decision that has gone for us in one.

To be honest ,
They had decent shouts for the pens .
First one thought there player being over dramatic driving cost them. He got touched but over did it.
Third one , live I thought it wasn't but looking back it was a pen.
Who knows these days, about the handball.
Don't get the Forest shouts about the league having it in for them, agaist a team that's had 2 pens all season, and if the prem had its way would have been docked 17 pionts.
All of a sudden change tack an start picking on Forest.
Only saw the handball myself mate. Tbh I thought it was handball. As you say who knows anymore

Nice to get some luck for a change. VAR worked well on this occasion, they didntboverturn anybon field decsions vecause they were defititely not clear and obvious errors.
Generally i think we found our level against Forest which is scary. How can we be so poor at passing and such lack of confidence in the final third.

Only saw the handball myself mate. Tbh I thought it was handball. As you say who knows anymore
It touched his hand yes, but what can he do to prevent it. I mean the guy was 2 metres away kicking a ball and youngs hands were in a natural position. He tried to move the hand away even. No pen for me whatever the rules state.

To be honest ,
They had decent shouts for the pens .
First one thought there player being over dramatic driving cost them. He got touched but over did it.
Third one , live I thought it wasn't but looking back it was a pen.
Who knows these days, about the handball.

Don't get the Forest shouts about the league having it in for them, agaist a team that's had 2 pens all season, and if the prem had its way would have been docked 17 pionts.
All of a sudden change tack an start picking on Forest.

Exactly my take on all 3.

Two penalties for me but the handball was not a penalty. Tough!!! I could include a list of all the bad decisions that have gone against us but we would be here all night. Three points in the bag. Unlucky Notts Forest :)