Relegation 23/24 Thread

I don’t mind the Forest twitter post, the refs in this league are a disgrace and the more clubs that call them out the better.
It’s an insane thing for them to have done, but yes, I’m pleased someone that isn’t us had this tantrum.

There is a problem with officiating in this league, and it’s crazy to me that they didn’t get at least one penalty today.

Not sure a club can imply bias and corruption without repercussions.
In a way maybe they already got the repercussion - their tweet says they were already complaining about Atwell being a Luton fan before the match. They basically accused him of cheating before a ball was even kicked, even though it was far from clear what result was even best for Luton.

It's probably them complaining about imaginary bias rather than actual bias that's lead to those decisions - they've tried to put pressure on him before the game and maybe his attitude was "sod you, I'm not giving into pressure" so he waved away their penalty appeals.

Think the appointment of Clattenburg has massively backfired on them - it implies they think refs are biased against them and if you accuse a ref of that it sort of becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy because they will not react kindly to something like that.

In a way maybe they already got the repercussion - their tweet says they were already complaining about Atwell being a Luton fan before the match. They basically accused him of cheating before a ball was even kicked, even though it was far from clear what result was even best for Luton.

It's probably them complaining about imaginary bias rather than actual bias that's lead to those decisions - they've tried to put pressure on him before the game and maybe his attitude was "sod you, I'm not giving into pressure" so he waved away their penalty appeals.

Think the appointment of Clattenburg has massively backfired on them - it implies they think refs are biased against them and if you accuse a ref of that it sort of becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy because they will not react kindly to something like that.
This result was best for luton

This result was best for luton
I don't agree. A draw gives them a realistic shot at overtaking either team. Maths says two teams getting one point is better than one team getting three points - there's one less point given out.

And with them still to play us it was actually only a Forest win that kept Luton's destiny in their own hands- if we'd lost today Luton would've guaranteed survival with 4 wins as that would take them past us.

You can put forward an argument for any of the three results, but it's certainly not so clear that a ref would risk his entire career to engineer one of those results for the team he supports.

I don't agree. A draw gives them a realistic shot at overtaking either team. Maths says two teams getting one point is better than one team getting three points - there's one less point given out.

And with them still to play us it was actually only a Forest win that kept Luton's destiny in their own hands- if we'd lost today Luton would've guaranteed survival with 4 wins as that would take them past us.

You can put forward an argument for any of the three results, but it's certainly not so clear that a ref would risk his entire career to engineer one of those results for the team he supports.
That means less the less games left to play. I think it suits them at this stage to have one team 1 pt closer than 2 teams 1pt further away

Yeah but 4 wins on the bounce for Luton is like expecting winged unicorns to play at kenilworth road.

They need the fewest number of points possible to stay up. That happens when Notts Forest lose