Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The biggest issue is that again in the final third the performance has been woeful. Bad decisions every time, it was even a bad decision from gana to shoot given he had previously only scored once from long range in his last 99 attempts.

We need to sort out the decision making and take the game to them the same second half but with much more composure.
I agree, decision making, it`s like they don`t have proper instruction at that end of the pitch hence why it looks off the cuff.

Another bad decision was Mykolenko shooting when McNeil is stood 10 yards to his left to deliver again and keep the pressure on and sustain the attack. Mykolenko shoots and lets them off the hook.

Another I remember is DCL chipping the cross in the box, I think other PL strikers look to go in on goal or get to the byline and drive it across.

Can’t complain about the result so far, but the overall play is poor.

Pickford has been Jekyll and Hyde, why does he try and kick back passes first time? Half the time he kicks it to an opposition forward.

Young seems desperate to give away a pen

No one seems to be able to complete a pass in the final third, I think that’s why Gana took that shot for the goal.

Everton should ban Hinchcliffe from attending Goodison. His commentary is nothing short of a disgrace and is such an anti bias you can hear the bitterness foaming in his mouth

Shocking commentary, absolutely shocking

In a bar watching with no sound mate, so no idea what they have said about stuff.

Decent half apart from the pensioner doing what he does and gomes shocking dead balls. Most don't even lift off the ground.

Happy to be 1 in front. COYB's
Why does Bambi gets game time? Surely the worst center forward in world football. Beto is crap but at least he isnt playing like a 2 years old girl. Gomes dead balls arent good but he is the only one to play an intelligent ball forwards. Doucoure is total crap and shouldnt play. Bambis header in the first half....!!! Time to give Chermiti game time. He cant do worse than Bambi and Beto!

I thought gomes helped us look much better in possession and forest don't seem to have realised that if you press him he'll cough up the ball and start fouling everyone (which is great for us). Dead balls were awful though.

Also thought Mcneil looked a but sharper than he had recently.

Harrison and Young both still really poor.

Gomes will need to be subbed early though, always turns into a liability as soon as he gets tired.