Bill Kenwright

I'll never slag Kenwright off. I remember one night in Autumn 1995 when I was working in Stockport, and I went along to the small Garrick Theatre near where I was working to check out a rock musical about the whole Arthurian legend thing - which sounds cheesy, but was alright in its own way. Anyhow, Kenwright was there, checking it out in case it was worth looking at a West End treatment (it wasn't!), and I got talking to him about the recent cup final etc. I liked him, and when I took my seat it turned out by sheer coincidence that he was sat next to me, so I ended up taking to him quite a bit.

No matter whatever else you could say about him, the impression I took away was of a genuine man who absolutely loved all things EFC. I was in no doubt that had he not been on the board he would have been in the ground anyway.

I don't care about winning things with a bunch of hired hands and mercenaries, I'll leave that to the shower across the park. I want us to win things, of course - but I will never, ever criticise someone, in these days of the soulless and eviscerated game we see so much, who has his heart and soul invested in the club and who wants that success as much as the fans do.

Everton, that. And I'm proud to stand by that belief.
I understand where you're coming from. I once had a drink with Peter Sutcliffe. He was very interesting. He knew the Bradford/Leeds areas well. Never once hit me with a hammer but he did joke about it.

Why have an image of the fella, who by virtue of his own greed, vanity and avarice destroyed the club on the side of Goodison?

Bill would've been respected by us for doing right by the club, if he allowed the Kings Dock to happen and if he sold up during the Moyes era.

The man has set this club back by 30 to 40 years imo. It's going to take decades to undo the damage him and his cronies caused.😢

Geniunely that image of him on the timeline needs ripping down again. Unbelievable he was arrogant enough to have it put back up after someone took it last year and dumped it in the canal, talk about deluded and living in a bubble.

Any sort of memorial for him at BM needs to be met with furious protest. He has killed this club.

Geniunely that image of him on the timeline needs ripping down again. Unbelievable he was arrogant enough to have it put back up after someone took it last year and dumped it in the canal, talk about deluded and living in a bubble.

Any sort of memorial for him at BM needs to be met with furious protest. He has killed this club.

Publicity stunt to make the fans look bad, never happened imo.

TBF, he wasn't.
He was well enough to sign off on transfers, employ and promote his friends or anyone that tolerated his stories regardless of their suitability for the role and all to the detriment of the club. He was well enough to be Chairman of a multi million pound business without ever thinking of stepping down even when his mates had been chased out of town for their collective gross incompetence with him btw.
He was well enough to increase the contracts and wages of some of the most average players in living memory, draining the club of money it didn’t ever have a hope of recouping and was well enough to get his mates in the media to lambast and vilify the fans for daring to want better for the club that they loved. We are now living in that man’s legacy, he hid behind any or every illness at every opportunity it suited him.

Last edited:
He was well enough to sign off on transfers, employ and promote his friends or anyone that tolerated his stories regardless of their suitability for the role and all to the detriment of the club. He was well enough to be Chairman of a multi million pound business without ever thinking of stepping down even when his mates had been chased out of town for their collective gross incompetence with him btw.
He was well enough to increase the contracts and wages of some of the most average players in living memory, draining the club of money it didn’t ever have a hope of recouping and was well enough to get his mates in the media to lambast and vilify the fans for daring to want better for the club that they loved. We are now living in that man’s legacy, he hid behind his illness at every opportunity it suited him.
See above. I was only commenting on the fact that he did die. It often happens to people that are not well.

He was well enough to increase the contracts and wages of some of the most average players in living memory, draining the club of money it didn’t ever have a hope of recouping and was well enough to get his mates in the media to lambast and vilify the fans for daring to want better for the club that they loved. We are now living in that man’s legacy, he hid behind his illness at every opportunity it suited him.

He was well enough to pen that stupid open letter in April last year having a go at the fans and defending the board too. Grant and Sharpie?!?!? On BANNERS???!?!?!

:(
1713783805779.png