777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone have an idea how long this 777 saga can realistically go on before it becomes a no and Mosh is forced to look elsewhere? There were rumors of other interest a while back but I can’t recall where from.
As far as I'm concerned - if this now drags on beyond the middle of May then a trigger simply needs to be pulled somewhere. At that point it becomes purely farcical.

Anyone have an idea how long this 777 saga can realistically go on before it becomes a no and Mosh is forced to look elsewhere? There were rumors of other interest a while back but I can’t recall where from.

When the cash stops flowing in, or Moshiri gets a better offer. If we get to the end of the season and start selling assets, the cash could keep going for a while.

When the cash stops flowing in, or Moshiri gets a better offer. If we get to the end of the season and start selling assets, the cash could keep going for a while.
that's pretty much the situation I think. I definitely think people wanting a resolution now might be a "careful what you wish for" situation, as we have no idea what that means

take 777 out of it for a minute, I think considering our incredible amount of debt that selling some of the stadium might help get us out of a short term hole and yes we'd take less profit for a time. But if we got the right future owner, or things changed in some way, its always an option to buy that stake back in the future.

The debt levels are so bad that there are no good options, so whatever the solution its going to be unappealing. there's no white knight coming to wipe the debts without sacrifices being made
There's no doubting that debt is a big issue and solving that would make for a much healthier club. The question though is what debt would be paid off by selling a % of the stadium- if it's the clubs (to R&M) then that could be beneficial, if it's 777s debt from acquiring the club then that would be a different story.

Ideal world (or least bad world), 777 pay MSP, convert their own debt and use a % of the stadium to settle R&M, that's 550m of debt gone and a majority stake in the stadium retained.

How realistic that is I don't know but if it could be done there's an argument for doing so. It certainly would make us a more investible proposition for the future.

Well that just seems like an inevitability. Branth first. Onana second. Maybe Pickford for a discount price. I’m expecting a clear out of anything and anyone with value.

The club not having full ownership over the stadium and therefore not having full access to the profit they make is very concerning. It would essentially mean the new stadium isn't even bringing more money for the football operations...
So the whole thing will have been a complete waste of time

The club not having full ownership over the stadium and therefore not having full access to the profit they make is very concerning. It would essentially mean the new stadium isn't even bringing more money for the football operations...
It depends on the terms.

Ideally we would always be in 100% ownership of the stadium but if a minority is sold and there is limited revenue increase for Everton as a club it will still be worth it for having a beautiful, purpose built, banks of the Mersey location ground will make us much more attractive to sponsors, future owners etc... The short term prognosis for the club looks bleak but this stadium will be our only way to a, hopefully, better future.

Far better for Everton to have a massive billion pound stadium on its own balance sheet obviously, but your average John Lewis, Next, Ford dealership, nightclub doesn’t own its premises and there is never a suggestion they thus don’t get any of the revenue from selling their tat.

The stadium owner would make their money via regular payments from the club, and its appreciation in value over time. They don’t get the benefit of a £24.50 hot dog sold in one of the new shiny food outlets.

This is a disgrace
IMG_0241.jpeg

Far better for Everton to have a massive billion pound stadium on its own balance sheet obviously, but your average John Lewis, Next, Ford dealership, nightclub doesn’t own its premises and there is never a suggestion they thus don’t get any of the revenue from selling their tat.

The stadium owner would make their money via regular payments from the club, and its appreciation in value over time. They don’t get the benefit of a £24.50 hot dog sold in one of the new shiny food outlets.

Correct, it's all in the details of the agreement. Saying a sale leaseback is bad without knowing the details is too simple.

The only thing I'd say about your comment is that stadiums don't appreciate in value, they lose value or become obsolete over time (inflation adjusted). This is another reason not to hold the asset...

The benefits for the club are obvious. You get a huge chunk of cash now and recapitalize the balance sheet.

Ideally we would always be in 100% ownership of the stadium but if a minority is sold and there is limited revenue increase for Everton as a club it will still be worth it for having a beautiful, purpose built, banks of the Mersey location ground will make us much more attractive to sponsors, future owners etc... The short term prognosis for the club looks bleak but this stadium will be our only way to a, hopefully, better future.
Yes but if we sell a 25% stake to an outsider then all the sponsors increase in revenue we will only receive 75% which probably only slightly better than what we would get at Goodison

Once we sell a % of the new stadium to whoever, that is us as a club finished as no other Premier League team has done this they own their stadiums and reap the benefits from them, why should little old Everton be any different.

Owning all the stadium will attract better investors, buyers for the club etc