Have the blues ever brought you to tears?

Well?

• Yes

• Close

• No

• Am a bloke and it’s not very Andrew Tate to cry

• Tears on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
FA Cup win, possibly as i was 13 but i cant remember tbh

I think plenty of Blues will shed a few tears if relegation actually happens.

me, like most, im starting to become numb to Everton.

I think had we got relegated last season or the one previous I would have been very upset. But this season with the points deductions etc if we were to go I don't think I would be too bothered.

Loads of times. The ones I can remember:

FA Cup Final 1989
Everton 1 Norwich 5
2-0 down to Wimbledon in 1994
The second leg against Villarreal in 2005

Have the blues ever brought you to tears?​

Does 'gloomy Sunday' count?

ec76e6de80c8197875514877b54315f0.gif

No from me. They have either had me euphoric or FFFING Raging mad.I refuse, over recent years to let them ruin my weekend and ruin it for me and her. Do I love the club with all my heart..........YES.

Some of the stuff the players do with EiTC often gets me a bit emosh, anything they do on the pitch however only ever really brings 3 states
  • Elation
  • Frustration
  • Bemused resignation.
Far too much of the last two for far too long now.

Twice. Losing the Zenith Data Cup to Palace I bawled my eyes out (I was very young) and losing the 2009 FA Cup final. I think the latter had more to do with having 9 500 ml bottles of Chang by half time though lol
I watched 2009 at Goodison too. Absolutely glorious weather. I remember a great vibe in the Wilmslow before and after and afterwards, people sitting in the Goodison Rd with their back to the Main Stand.

My abiding feeling was disappointment that we’d lost, but an amazing feeling of optimism. Chelsea were a good side and there was no shame in losing- the future looked bright.

God, talking like that, I think I might have to just change my ‘never cried’ response to the poll.

Off the back of seeing City get their kecks pulled down on penalties.

The one and only time I’ve had genuine tears for Everton was the defeat to penalties against Fiorentina.

Was 13 and the Arteta goal gave so much hope and optimism, will never get over the trauma of that shootout.

Confess and open up, it’s a safe space.
Every. Single. Week.

I cried twice on Wimbledon Day.

I cried when we were 2-0 down and I thought we were relegation certainties :(

And I cried again, for joy, at the end when we had saved ourselves :dance:

Yes against Wimbledon it was a sickening feeling I hoped id never have to experience again....

Since then the most frustrated I've ever been weirdly was the 3-3 at Bournemouth a few years back. Barkley scored late late like 97 mins or something.... Pitch invasion...

They scored from the kickoff.....

Absolutely killed me that day