777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clearly you respect the confidence, which is to your credit. But I’d be flabbergasted if such names were known by numerous people outside the boardrooms and legal teams and somehow hadn’t smashed its way across social media within minutes. Everyone is desperate, and eventually such info would reach someone who wants the attention. Press or supporter.

My position will always be that anyone not using the opportunity to publicly state their intentions to buy the club for a market price (and thus be seen as the best alternative to 777) before administration, or before administration is just hours away, is no friend of Everton. They won’t be benevolent saviours. They will be like those people in the US that buy the rights to an abandoned storage container because someone has just died, just hoping their is some old crap in there they can sell, with no emotion.

The only single thing 777 can be credited with is that they can see the football is atrocious, the stewardship of the club is abysmal, there are no “experts” in the entire organisation, we still have more regulatory charges pending, they have no money to rebuild the squad, and even if they did, the new PSR would block them from spending it, the clubs reputation is in the gutter hence crawling back to gambling companies for money……and yet he STILL keeps turning up to matches and still wants to buy the club. Can try and cash in on the stadium as much as he likes, the actually football/commercial machine isn’t making anyone any money for a long long time. And yet bizarrely, they are stood their with their (admittedly empty) wallet on the table.

I’d like our future custodians to be desperate to buy the club, knowing the next few years will be hard, but better with the stability they offer. Not hiding in the background wondering whether it’s better if we get a 9 point administration deduction on the PL or in the Championship.

Any period of exclusivity with 777 is irrelevant. The other parties aren’t bound by that. The slightest leak that they have funds ready to go, and the only impact would be Mosh’s inevitable haircut being a bit shorter than he’d hoped would place massive pressure on him to walk away from 777. From fans, the PL, and probably most importantly, the other creditors.

I'm not sure it works like that. I think these people usually tend to try to keep their powder dry. Then, if they have to move on, or decide to invest elsewhere, they don't have to explain why their new acquisition wasn’t first choice.

We didn't hear about Mansour approaches at the time either, but I'm not sure anyone would now doubt their achievements to Man City. Of course the club denies that now.

Regardless, I don't think we can judge anyone for not reacting quicker than 777. We're 777's typical target customer.

I think it's pretty much common knowledge that there is at least one other interested party who've been sounding out the club via a few blues in the know, and local authorities/MPs etc for months and attending matches too.

I was told a name in confidence a few weeks ago, and I've heard quite a few well-placed blues mention the talks recently. As I said, even the club has mentioned it in their most recent meetings. Not sure if they've been named officially yet though.

Common knowledge but told in confidence.

Okay.