777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Esk needs to understand that what Goodley is doing is detrimental to Everton Football Club and constantly validating his campaign means that The Esk is also acting against the best interests of the club. I have no doubt that The Esk's bodyguard mod will be along shortly to chastise me but how The Esk has positioned himself as the voice of the fan base, and the Guardian's on call hatchet man, is fundamentally dishonest and his almost incessant calls for the club to be placed in administration is an outrageous call for the potential destruction of the club that we all, for some reason, love. He seems very much to be a malign actor at the moment and I'm not sure what he sees as the end goal.
I say this all the time, but his status among Everton fans is entirely self-appointed, he doesn't represent us in any capacity, yet he is one of our most prominent media representatives. It's not on.

Meanwhile Mark Douglas at the I, who always comes across pretty balanced to me, has bothered to go out and get quotes from Julie from the FAB for his article today. An actual elected representative, as it should be.

Has it? They got relegated and aren't coming back up this year.
They were about of administration, because their former investor wanted to make them the big city club, because for a big city like Berlin they didn't really have a consistent big club. Ok, Union Berlin had some good success over the last 5 years. It's the first positive results in years financially.

Yes, they went down, but they were in a relegation battle for 2-3 seasons in a row despite spending big every season. In the end, they had 85% of team changed for this season. And there are 6-7 teams with ambition and the aim to go up in the 2nd Bundesliga. Probably the most competitive of all 2nd league in Europe. Yet there are 2 teams leading the table that were not among the big favorites.

Hertha however want to go up within a few years.

I mean you look the names in the 2nd league, Schalke, Hamburg, Nuremburg, Hannover, Kaiserslautern, Düsseldorf and Hertha, some of them won the champions multiple times or played European cups in the last 10 years.

They were about of administration, because their former investor wanted to make them the big city club, because for a big city like Berlin they didn't really have a consistent big club. Ok, Union Berlin had some good success over the last 5 years. It's the first positive results in years financially.

Yes, they went down, but they were in a relegation battle for 2-3 seasons in a row despite spending big every season. In the end, they had 85% of team changed for this season. And there are 6-7 teams with ambition and the aim to go up in the 2nd Bundesliga. Probably the most competitive of all 2nd league in Europe. Yet there are 2 teams leading the table that were not among the big favorites.

Hertha however want to go up within a few years.

I mean you look the names in the 2nd league, Schalke, Hamburg, Nuremburg, Hannover, Kaiserslautern, Düsseldorf and Hertha, some of them won the champions multiple times or played European cups in the last 10 years.

I'm well aware of the fate of German football clubs mate. A team getting relegated then floundering in mid-table is not what anyone can call a successful ownership it's as simple as that.

777 took over in March 23 and were in freefall on and off the pitch. Think a steadying of the ship was a decent outcome this season in context.

The snippet posted last night suggests the finances have turned around and also 777 have supplied funding to them ahead of schedule.

The portfolio is definitely mixed, and they seem to prioritise resources somewhat unevenly but Hertha seem to be one of the ones that are getting prioritised, presumably because like Genoa there is more potential upside to the club and the market than say Liege or Vasco.

They've got to find the money to buy the club first.
Nearly 8 months , they still haven't.
Indeed. 777, themselves, are a bloated version of Everton's current financial circumstances.

It is entirely likely that some of their own larger creditors (named in various media and a number of who are owed >500m each) will have decks/playbooks ready and where they have applied an enterprise value to Everton, more specifically a near complete BMD. If 777 go to the wall, the monthly funding to Everton stops and their lenders will be looking to enforce a lien on Everton and BMD. It could get very litigious.

I'm well aware of the fate of German football clubs mate. A team getting relegated then floundering in mid-table is not what anyone can call a successful ownership it's as simple as that.
I'd say they were on a massive downward spiral (ask me how I know :( ) and had to offload about a full team of starters/pointless high paid backups and start again, so this season being a mid-table BuLi2 makes sense progress wise - otherwise they'd go back up instantly and become a total yo-yo club.

I assume that's why they hired Dardai too (for the 3rd time in 5 years for them btw) - it'd be like us hiring Moyes somehow if we go down to the championship - stability and decent play for a year, go up the next and build on it, proceed with a better option for the future when you have a stable base to build on.

Realistically time will tell if it's a failure if they don't at least get top 3 next year - this season has been a rebuild all things considered.

I'd say they were on a massive downward spiral (ask me how I know :( ) and had to offload about a full team of starters/pointless high paid backups and start again, so this season being a mid-table BuLi2 makes sense progress wise - otherwise they'd go back up instantly and become a total yo-yo club.

I assume that's why they hired Dardai too (for the 3rd time in 5 years for them btw) - it'd be like us hiring Moyes somehow if we go down to the championship - stability and decent play for a year, go up the next and build on it, proceed with a better option for the future when you have a stable base to build on.

Realistically time will tell if it's a failure if they don't at least get top 3 next year - this season has been a rebuild all things considered.
They have the whole Dardei family in the squad. Hertha got into Europe with him, with a quite average squad. It would be about like Wolves goes into Europe now.

And Dardei is a club legend as a player and therefore has a lot of credit with the fans. He wanted to retire, but fans wanted him to continue. He is a bit like Streich, he loves the club that much and the fans loves him.

A big problem in football is time, and a complete new squad needs time to build. They have 1/3 of the squad costs.

You can say it's not succesful to not promote as a relegating team, but 2nd Bundesliga is very hard as I said and Hertha had poor 2 months into the season. But financially it's the first year for a decade they are in the win zone again.

The Esk needs to understand that what Goodley is doing is detrimental to Everton Football Club and constantly validating his campaign means that The Esk is also acting against the best interests of the club. I have no doubt that The Esk's bodyguard mod will be along shortly to chastise me but how The Esk has positioned himself as the voice of the fan base, and the Guardian's on call hatchet man, is fundamentally dishonest and his almost incessant calls for the club to be placed in administration is an outrageous call for the potential destruction of the club that we all, for some reason, love. He seems very much to be a malign actor at the moment and I'm not sure what he sees as the end goal.
Spot on .

Simon goodley. The matt hughes of the guardian. The thing i want to know is who is talking. Where do they get their in depth financial analysis from. All we hear is 777 arent talking. Then the club arent talking. So do they just divide our published turnover by 12 and start riffing about administration. Pair of beauts.

Simon goodley. The matt hughes of the guardian. The thing i want to know is who is talking. Where do they get their in depth financial analysis from. All we hear is 777 arent talking. Then the club arent talking. So do they just divide our published turnover by 12 and start riffing about administration. Pair of beauts.
Hmm. If they were getting such duff information, it’s rather a coincidence that 777 still haven’t taken us over. Indeed, it seems that 777 have actually caused a seismic shift in the reinsurance market due to their profligacy. When the FT are reporting the same, you know it’s genuine.

Vasco seem to be a bit of a basket case club, they had some issues before 777 got involved, I think 777 have just not really helped them to sort anything which is part of the problem.
And this is what will surely happen if they get in here.
We have problems before 777. I can't see how 777 sort it out (I have no idea how any of it gets sorted in my lifetime though)

Hmm. If they were getting such duff information, it’s rather a coincidence that 777 still haven’t taken us over. Indeed, it seems that 777 have actually caused a seismic shift in the reinsurance market due to their profligacy. When the FT are reporting the same, you know it’s genuine.
Not saying its duff. I just want to know who is talking. Im sick of seeing daily forecasts and pure negativity on a loop. I still stick by saying hughes and goodley are beauts.

They've got to find the money to buy the club first.
Nearly 8 months , they still haven't.
purely playing devils advocate here...
but it's an astronomical amount of money to come up with.
If you rule out Sovereign wealth funds, absolutely everyone is doing this kind of messing to meet a price tag like this.
if 777 work it out, that'll be the end of an era of abject apathy at Everton
I've no idea how they'll do but they'll be driven by the bottom line and not their ego or romantic notions.
Everton could do with a bit of that.
Just be prepared for increased ticket prices and Everton branded everything.