Relegation 23/24 Thread

Is relegation just an inevitability? If we stay up this season I think we are favourites to go down next season...

In June we lose Harrison and Danjuma whose loan ends, then out of contract will be Gomes, Alli, Gueye, Coleman, Young and Lonergan. Then we will probably have to sell Onana or Branthwaite, maybe both to keep the lights on.

So where is the money coming from to build a Premier League squad with what we will have left below? This squad is not good enough to keep us up, no quality left in it. I think we will be gone next season no matter what...

Pickford
Virginia
Crellin

Patterson
Keane
Tarkowski
Mykolenko
Godfrey

Doucoure
Garner
Warrington
Onyango

McNeil
Calvert-Lewin
Beto
Chermiti
Dobbin
I think we'll give all the out of contract players atleast one year deals and take Harrison on loan again. Then a couple of frees to bolster the squad.

I think we will get 1 back, and wouldnt surprise me if they get 2 back, even though they should have 2 added back on, as they already got away with it for me, getting only a 4 point deduction, which they should have been happy to get, instead of getting more deducted like we probably expected them to get

Forest have got off very lightly in this but it's a tricky situation now. They get no points back on appeal and it probably stays at -2 but obviously any points back helps in their relegation battle.

Would be a disaster for them to go down from this position now as GDs are equal and they really should be beating Sheffield United and Burnley in the run in so get something on Sunday and they should be finishing on 33-34 points which will likely be enough.

I think we'll give all the out of contract players atleast one year deals and take Harrison on loan again. Then a couple of frees to bolster the squad.

Dyche really hasn't started Harrison much at all in last two months so it makes no sense economically. Paying again most of his Leeds salary just for him to be on the bench as I can't really see the finances adding up to actually get a better wide player, more likely to be a Chermiti type punt.

Just send him back to Leeds and let them deal with him.

Yes. But last season or the one before you were never posting again if we stayed up as you admitted to driving people mad with constantly posting the same stuff over and over again.
If we go down we go down. But we aren't down yet. Same as we didn't go the last 2 seasons either

we
all have opinions - mine are madness like me

it’s what firmly believe now mate

If we somehow stay up this season we'll be relegated next season. We have no leadership off the pitch, no money to improve a poor squad, we have to sell our best players to satisfy an absurd financial regulatory regime, and we are stuck with Sean Dyche as our manager. Is anybody enjoying being an Evertonian at the moment? Supporting a football club is supposed to be occasionally fun, right?

Is relegation just an inevitability? If we stay up this season I think we are favourites to go down next season...

In June we lose Harrison and Danjuma whose loan ends, then out of contract will be Gomes, Alli, Gueye, Coleman, Young and Lonergan. Then we will probably have to sell Onana or Branthwaite, maybe both to keep the lights on.

So where is the money coming from to build a Premier League squad with what we will have left below? This squad is not good enough to keep us up, no quality left in it. I think we will be gone next season no matter what...

Pickford
Virginia
Crellin

Patterson
Keane
Tarkowski
Mykolenko
Godfrey

Doucoure
Garner
Warrington
Onyango

McNeil
Calvert-Lewin
Beto
Chermiti
Dobbin
We have to figure out a way of staying up. About the squad for next year, it’s only the players who everyone slates week in week out.

Danjuma not done much.
Harrison, shown glimpses but I’ve never seen a winger who gets the ball and just runs into players, apart from him.
Gomes, been bit part for years.
Alli, awful signing.
Gueye done ok but again he only came back to us because he was like 33 and nobody else was stupid enough to probably give him a 2 year deal on like 80k a week or whatever.
Coleman, no words needed. But it’s his time.
Young. See above. Done well I think but got him when nobody else wanted him.

Get rid of Onana he is awful. Sell Patterson he is awful to. Braithwaite is class but we add not in the position to keep ahold of those type of players. Take the money, stay in the league, hopefully get taken over and go out and sign some players that want to play for Everton!