Relegation 23/24 Thread

Every side is an attacking side when they face Everton. It's no different if Forest or whoever it is. They can be the worst attack and we will make them look good. We just have to do what we know we need to do. Think we will beat Forest. and defo think we will stay up by a few points.

You lot aren’t going down, Luton lost at home to Sheffield U and Burnley this season - there is absolutely nothing nailed on about their home games. Brentford is a bad match up for them as they are just as physical and can also play, Fulham might be on the beach so yeah that could be 3 points. A draw against you lot seems inevitable to me and they will get nothing more than a point at Wolves and a possibly knackered West Ham.

5 points max - your a home win against Sheffield U away from staying up.

Your relegation odds are 4/1 and Luton’s 8/15 even after last night. It’s between Forest and Luton in reality - Forest have bad home games and absolute dog fight away games - wouldn’t be surprised if they only pick up 2 or 3 draws and Luton stay up on the last day by whacking Fulham

Context.......

Two season's ago with six games left...

Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 17.09.27.png

Last season with six games to play

Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 17.12.26.png

This season with six left....

Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 17.01.18.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 16.49.02.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 16.49.02.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 16.58.24.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 16.58.24.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 17.05.32.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 17.05.32.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 1
…..imagine the Moshiri/Thelwell/Dyche video call at FF this morning;

Thelwell; “How the fck do you keep selecting Young on the right wing?”
Dyche; “How the fck did you spunk £50m on Beto, Chermiti and Maupay and give me players with no pace and without the basic skills of controlling a football and passing it to a teammate?”
Moshiri; “Have you lost the dressing room, Sean?”
Dyche; “No, but you’re the accountant who’s accounts have lost us 8 points.”

All 3 bow their heads and hang up.
Doing a good job though isn't he? Third best manager we've had, allegedly.

Forest have attacking players with pace that actually look like they believe they can score
You have identical goal difference, yes they are better going forwards but they are, and I don’t want to sugar coat this, pure [Poor language removed] at the back. Even after last night they have still conceded 10 more than you.

I will be putting a few quid on the draw, 1-1 seems very likely to me.

Doing a good job though isn't he? Third best manager we've had, allegedly.

….ha, ha, at least if you’re going to quote me, I would ask you quote me accurately.

I said if Dyche manages to keep this squad in the top flight this season it should be considered a great achievement, perhaps only bettered by Kendall and Catterick in my time watching Everton.

Given the state of this club, the double points deduction and the rudderless ownership, I firmly stand by that statement. I’d sincerely hope we can have that debate at the end of the season if we stay up.

Recent Performances can do that Dave, they aren’t helping themselves sadly.

Need a positive reaction on Sunday or it could go horribly, we’re on a knife edge.
Sunday will go a long way to showing the character of this team vis-a-vis the last two seasons.

I back them to somehow come out on top. The crowd will need to be right with them though just as they were the last two seasons at this stage.