2023/24 Sean Dyche

I know that - it's also the last time we won in the league since the middle of December. Compare to several other games where we "had a go" and got heroically thumped as a result. It's absolutely bizarre we "played ugly" against Burnley at home... but then went to Chelsea away and tried to win the ball in their penalty box? I think that's why Dyche has been self-critical.

I just don't think this is true, sorry. Worth mentioning though that in those 2 games you've described, we took 4 vital points. Brighton I agree we sat back with a man up which was frustrating, but we were pretty adventurous in that game too - bit of a miracle we didn't concede before Branthwaites goal if you watch some of the highlights back

I agree that we don't keep the ball well at all, and we create zilch from open play - but I think that's a squad thing. The only way we can really create goals is by pressing high (fairly athletic squad made up of terrible finishers, so win the ball high and try and score goals from their mistakes) or from set pieces.
Name a team since Spurs away where we've seriously 'had a go' I can't think of one