777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How on earth do you expect the club to cover the increase in costs without raising ticket prices to such a level it will be unaffordable for many.?

They will sell plenty of tickets to tourists. Your deluded if you think they won't.
What are you going on about. We have a capacity of 38k and have 32k season tickets. Minus 3k for away allocation that leaves 3k tickets for general sale

That model will follow us to BMD and massively impact our match day revenue. We have handfuls of non season ticket fans

Agreed in principle to extend a loan agreement? What does that mean? You either pay your debts or you don’t?

Can you ring the bank and agree in principal to pay your mortgage at a future date? That’s normally a restructuring ..
Lenders modify debts all the time. It's just not something they advertise.

If you call your credit card company and tell them you lost your job, they'll probably try and work something out. Getting paid something is better than recovering nothing. Don't expect to keep the account open for purchases (and the closure will ding your credit), but they gain nothing by refusing to work with you.

As the quality of any security increases, the chances of making a deal decrease. Your car lender expects that they're a high-priority bill, and will repossess without mercy even though they lose whenever they do it. A home mortgage is more of an 'it depends on the situation'.

A construction loan on a stadium is lousy security. What is MSP going to do with it? Spend tens or hundreds of millions to finish it, then sell it to the RS? They're better off working something out.

Well we have had better days.

If we do fold, it's not the big boys I give a monkeys about, it's the little guys/girls (and by that I mean ppl like ticket office staff, the tea lady etc) employed by the club and all the small businesses that rely on Everton FC. They all get poo'd on as creditors and the revenue dries up.

The big boys will go someone else with all their money trying to make the next £1.

We're completely irrelevant to anyone except ourselves.
That's true to an extent, but regards the point of tourists fans who already visit GP or would go to the new place, here's my experience. The seat next to me is a season ticket holder's who's from the Home Counties. Only makes it to half the games (fair enough) and resells his seat the rest of the time. In the last season or so I've sat next to an Argentinian, Swiss, German, Norwegian and a few more I cannot remember. None of them were Evertonians but all were there simply to watch a PL match. I expect that to be even more the case when we move. Nowhere near as significant as the income London clubs get from PL tourism but not to be sniffed at given our current finances, even if it is a few thousand per match. Lots of tourists who visit Liverpool (an ever increasing number) will try and take in a match.

What are you going on about. We have a capacity of 38k and have 32k season tickets. Minus 3k for away allocation that leaves 3k tickets for general sale

That model will follow us to BMD and massively impact our match day revenue. We have handfuls of non season ticket fans

You think season tickets will remain at circa £500? No chance.

That's true to an extent, but regards the point of tourists fans who already visit GP or would go to the new place, here's my experience. The seat next to me is a season ticket holder's who's from the Home Counties. Only makes it to half the games (fair enough) and resells his seat the rest of the time. In the last season or so I've sat next to an Argentinian, Swiss, German, Norwegian and a few more I cannot remember. None of them were Evertonians but all were there simply to watch a PL match. I expect that to be even more the case when we move. Nowhere near as significant as the income London clubs get from PL tourism but not to be sniffed at given our current finances, even if it is a few thousand per match. Lots of tourists who visit Liverpool (an ever increasing number) will try and take in a match.

Especially when the ticket prices rise extraordinarily, which they will.

You think season tickets will remain at circa £500? No chance.

Even if they don’t, and they go up to £800, using the same model of around 80% season ticket sales that’s £33m

Now change that 30k season at BMD at £800, that’s £24m, plus

23k at £50 per ticket is an extra £18m per year

So £33m or £42m in revenue, which one??

Then those 23k fans that travel to goodison, maybe as a one off, spend more money on souvenirs, food, drink etc rather than the fella who lives in Walton and is in the ground for 2:55pm and home for 5pm for tea

Even if they don’t, and they go up to £800, using the same model of around 80% season ticket sales that’s £33m

Now change that 30k season at BMD at £800, that’s £24m, plus

23k at £50 per ticket is an extra £18m per year

So £33m or £42m in revenue, which one??

Then those 23k fans that travel to goodison, maybe as a one off, spend more money on souvenirs, food, drink etc rather than the fella who lives in Walton and is in the ground for 2:55pm and home for 5pm for tea
I hope the club doesn't fall for this trap. We simply aren't pulling in 23k every week with a team this bad