2023/24 Sean Dyche

Look at it this way. We sack him this summer and sell Branthwaite and Onana. We're borrowing 30 million every month to pay staff and players. What manager is savvy enough to

1. Play a style that'll please evertonians under these conditions, minus these players
2. Get on with the job with all of this off the pitch crap going on.
3. Who do we have, Kevin Thelwell?? Is he going to unearth this manager that no one else has signed yet?
a couple of months back i would've agreed. They are fair points. But those players are not so bad to play so badly. Dyche is unfortunately a very dated one trick pony and lately we've looked a lot more like his Burnley side which was awful too

I do not like Dyche, I was very disappointed when we appointed him, my misgivings about his appointment were proved to be well founded when you looked at us on the pitch. (On the grass) sorry Sean, however, my view has always been, ' we might as well keep him because we can't afford his payoff' and whoever we convince to replace him will be little better.

I have changed my opinion since Christmas however, earlier in the season, players were running miles and pressing madly, like they bought into his system, that is no longer the case. Whether the change has come because he has 'lost the dressing room' or whether it just means that the system he has as asking them to play, has worn them out, doesn't really matter, The plain cold facts are he has won 1 game,against a 10 man Burnley, by a fluke goal, in the past 4 months. I think we may well be entering the 'cant afford not to sack him' territory now.

I'm fuming and the way he set the team up to play there was shocking. We are slowest team in the league and they are quick. Just play the low block, like I know people are moaning about his football but it makes sense rather than trying to go toe to toe with Chelsea. Really disappointed. Basic stuff.

On the other hand without the points being docked we'd be on 35 points and basically safe, with a really dire squad. If he'd got us to 40 points this season with that squad I'd have said he's achieved the objective stay in the league and try to continue to sort out finances.

The whole thing is grim. Can't wait for the season to finish.

I'm fuming and the way he set the team up to play there was shocking. We are slowest team in the league and they are quick. Just play the low block, like I know people are moaning about his football but it makes sense rather than trying to go toe to toe with Chelsea. Really disappointed. Basic stuff.

On the other hand without the points being docked we'd be on 35 points and basically safe, with a really dire squad. If he'd got us to 40 points this season with that squad I'd have said he's achieved the objective stay in the league and try to continue to sort out finances.

The whole thing is grim. Can't wait for the season to finish.

Sad thing is I can't see it being any different next season. It could get worse. Clubs a mess on and off the field. If we are still a premier league team in a couple of years time I'd be surprised. Feels like we are edging closer year on year.

What did the ginger David Brent say in his post match interview? I don't watch them any more, my wife has bought a very expensive massive screen,telly with a fancy audio system . I can't watch the Kettering Louis Armstrong with the confidence that I wont chuck something at it and damage it, which would lead to divorce or being murdered in my sleep.

His whole approach seems to be based on a belief that most teams don't punish inferior opposition when they're on top.

He'll just shrug Chelsea off as an anomaly. On another night, Palmer doesn't put those chances away and we snatch a point when they either get caught trying to play out from the back or give away a stupid set pice in a dangerous area.

This is what you sign up for when you hire Dyche and his pub quiz team.