6 + 2 Point Deductions

Having read the first verdict I think we have a few avenues to pursue to get points back:

1: in the first case, the appeal board criticised the first IC for making up their own rules without sufficient regard for existing precedent (primarily from EFL cases). In terms of double jeopardy this is exactly what they’ve done again: they made up their own rule rather than adopt the EFL precedent. Under the EFL precedent our previous losses would be capped and we wouldn’t even have breached. This is a route to zero points.

2: the amount of mitigation accepted should have lead to a greater reduction in sentence - they accepted that we had plead guilty early, and accepted Ukraine war mitigation but only gave one point COMBINED for these. We could argue for a point each for an extra one back.

3. Proportionality to Forest: our IC basically accept that our case is disproportionate to the points given for scale of breach to Forest. However our IC said that’s because their IC was wrong. We’ll have things to say about that in the light of their appeal.
The worry is that the appeal IC say they have no power to adjust the penalty for the second charge purely based on how fair unfair/fair/blatantly without foundation our first penalty was, which was given by a different and independent IC whose case is now closed. And much of the unfairness stems from Forests deduction, given by a different and independent IC whose case is now closed.

If they want to, they will hide behind being only asked to assess whether 2 points is the correct deduction for a second charge, with no reference to any other charges. I don’t think it is, given the 22/23 books had already closed etc etc. but that’s their way out of giving anything back.

You know this PSR lark will get scrapped before the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Spurs get collared by it.

Just the likes of us, Forest and Leicester getting done for this and don’t be surprised if the Villa get done next season.

I mean how dare they challenge the top 6 !!!!!

What I don’t get is why other clubs fans don’t see what is happening here it’s turning into a cartel

I’m glad Everton have done it just in case. PR disaster for the Premier League

We also had no choice but to appeal. Forrests case will no doubt be useful positioning and learning for us. Plus if Forrest get points back there’s a definite legal case in the offing for the club. So they simply have to appeal

You know this PSR lark will get scrapped before the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Spurs get collared by it.

Just the likes of us, Forest and Leicester getting done for this and don’t be surprised if the Villa get done next season.

I mean how dare they challenge the top 6 !!!!!

What I don’t get is why other clubs fans don’t see what is happening here it’s turning into a cartel

It’s because most of the no mark clubs in the Premier League actually benefit from these rules as they have no intention of ever trying to progress and are happy to just remain in the league and milk the gravy train for as long as they can. Without these rules clubs like Brighton and West Ham wouldn’t be able to flog players for £100m every year. Look at Luton, wouldn’t have a hope of surviving this season if it weren’t for the rules hauling other clubs back into it. Palace are another one, happy to finish 14th every year and keep bringing in the TV money.

People are falling into a trap of thinking it’s the top 6 vs the “other 14”, it definitely isn’t. There’s a lot of tinpot scabs in this league who are every bit as anti-competition as the top 6. The only groups of fans who would be against the rules are those who have been directly affected by them, everyone else simply doesn’t care.

Villa looking good. Great spine and great manager. Im sure the rules will stop them competing soon though.

Aren't they supposedly going to be a bit hamstrung with regards to signings this summer because of FFP/P&S?

Bearing in mind they recently sold an academy graduate for £100mill odd and are no doubt finishing at the right end of the table.