Relegation 23/24 Thread

From my point of view I don`t trust this manager and team to deliver the required points to stay up. We`ve got 1 win from the last 14 games, we now need to get 2 or 3 more in the next 7, half as many games.

Yes my opinion of the manager reflects that lack of faith, no manager should go 13 without a win and keep their job... Hopefully he gets moved on in the summer.
Luton have won 1 of their last 11 or so, so you could say the same about them

I genuinely don't feel all that stressed about relegation this year, I'm not sure if it's the 1000 yard stare that I have developed over the past few years or I generally don't care as much. Just don't think we'll go down with the fixtures we have.

This is Everton nothing is certain these days. Under Moyes you'd be confident of 3 home wins.
I'm not sure about that, they have one of the leakiest back lines in the entire league and are completely reliant on that front 3 otherwise they would be down with us scraping at the bottom despite spending a fortune in recent seasons. I can fully understand hammers fans frustrations with Moyes.

History tells us the "on the beach" comment is backed up by fact. Teams with nothing to play for struggle to motivate themselves. It doesn't mean they'll always lose, as they may be so superior to the opposition that motivation doesn't make a big enough difference, but it's definitely a truism.

…I’d understand that more for a team that’s been in the comfort zone for a while as opposed to a team that’s throwing off the restraints of relegation.

Luton and Forest have 5 games remaining each

Hard to believe they would BOTH get more than 7 points each from that.

They will both in all likelihood get less.
They both have some winnable games to come. They might well not pick up many points but we've got to assume they will and go win our own games.

The 2 six pointers against those teams will decide a lot. If we win one of them it will go a long way.

…I’d understand that more for a team that’s been in the comfort zone for a while as opposed to a team that’s throwing off the restraints of relegation.
Well they're not on the beach then. That term applies to a team like Fulham who get 40 points with seven or eight games to go and then basically don't care

Forget the fact that as a football team we are crap.

The points deductions are timed to ensure our relegation.

First points deduction comes, we fight through that and get ourselves into a stable position.

Second points deduction comes and the premier leagues deduction puts us in another precarious position fortunately for us is distracted and cushioned by what they give Forest.

Unfortunately for us, but fortunately for the premier league they still have one more charge hanging over us so that if we manage to survive by the odd point or two they can throw it at us and finish the job off.

Our only saviours are the crap players that we have.

Since I have watched football the bottom teams each always have a shock 3 or 4 nil win irrespective of them staying up or going down but Everton, the leaders in all that is crap will be the first team not to achieve this.

We are desperate for at least a point at Chelski and two wins from out three home games, can’t see one TBH.

we
can only try tho