Everton Youth Teams Thread

I'm far from a Dyche fan but he's only been here a year, can hardly blame him for the crap youth teams
Styles of play can be changed very quickly. Imagine if Guardiola or Arteta had been there for 6 months, never mind over a year - would the style of play we are seeing in the youth teams be what it is now? I am certain it wouldn't be. I'm sure in all clubs the style of play is set by the manager and the youth team coaches are told to replicate it.

Dyche, who disgracefully undermined any fragile confidence the young lads may have, when he publicly said that he couldn't see any of them being first team players
He didn't tho did he? I'm not dyche's biggest fan right now, but getting very tired his detectors using made up bs/deliberately mis-reporting what he said to take a pop at him.

He didn't tho did he? I'm not dyche's biggest fan right now, but getting very tired his detectors using made up bs/deliberately mis-reporting what he said to take a pop at him.
From Liverpool Echo: Speaking ahead of Everton’s trip to Manchester United - where youth product Ellis Simms made a surprise start under Dyche last season - the Blues boss was asked whether he had seen any youngsters he believed were currently good enough to help a squad that has gone winless in 10 league games.

He said: “No, because if they were they would be playing. That is a really simple equation. If there was an 18-year-old here who I thought was good enough to play in the first team, he would be playing. There is no one I have seen so far who is ready to jump in there. That is it at the moment. Dobbo is doing a good job, learning as he goes. It is slightly different with Jarrad because he was brought in later [Branthwaite signed for Everton at the age of 18] but still at a young age. But there is no-one I have looked at and thought: ‘You are ready to jump in."

From Liverpool Echo: Speaking ahead of Everton’s trip to Manchester United - where youth product Ellis Simms made a surprise start under Dyche last season - the Blues boss was asked whether he had seen any youngsters he believed were currently good enough to help a squad that has gone winless in 10 league games.

He said: “No, because if they were they would be playing. That is a really simple equation. If there was an 18-year-old here who I thought was good enough to play in the first team, he would be playing. There is no one I have seen so far who is ready to jump in there. That is it at the moment. Dobbo is doing a good job, learning as he goes. It is slightly different with Jarrad because he was brought in later [Branthwaite signed for Everton at the age of 18] but still at a young age. But there is no-one I have looked at and thought: ‘You are ready to jump in."
So you were wrong/lying then?

Absolutely. I suspect very few regulars on this thread would disagree with the context of his statement that he didn’t have any youngsters good enough to put straight into the first team at that time. Taken as a straight forward statement it’s true.
My disappointment is that nobody then asked “ So what are you doing about it ? “ . Collectively , as a club, we don’t have appear to have a plan that takes our most promising young players and identify early what they need to get to the next level and into the first team . For me it’s frustrating .

Absolutely. I suspect very few regulars on this thread would disagree with the context of his statement that he didn’t have any youngsters good enough to put straight into the first team at that time. Taken as a straight forward statement it’s true.
My disappointment is that nobody then asked “ So what are you doing about it ? “ . Collectively , as a club, we don’t have appear to have a plan that takes our most promising young players and identify early what they need to get to the next level and into the first team . For me it’s frustrating .

No one on here thought what he said was wrong.

We just all thought he shouldn’t be saying it.

No one on here thought what he said was wrong.

We just all thought he shouldn’t be saying it.
Well not all . From above : “ the Blues boss was asked whether he had seen any youngsters he believed were currently good enough to help a squad that has gone winless in 10 league games.” He gave an honest answer and moved on . I wasn’t stunned by his answer, it was true , I personally think people have overreacted to it . The problem I have is that between Dyche, Thelwell, Tait, Baines and all the rest we seem incapable of identifying and fast tracking at an early age youngsters like Metcalfe and Armstrong , analysing what they need whether it’s physical, mental, skills development etc and implementing a plan for them .

Well not all . From above : “ the Blues boss was asked whether he had seen any youngsters he believed were currently good enough to help a squad that has gone winless in 10 league games.” He gave an honest answer and moved on . I wasn’t stunned by his answer, it was true , I personally think people have overreacted to it . The problem I have is that between Dyche, Thelwell, Tait, Baines and all the rest we seem incapable of identifying and fast tracking at an early age youngsters like Metcalfe and Armstrong , analysing what they need whether it’s physical, mental, skills development etc and implementing a plan for them .

Better managers word it a lot better than he did. You keep disappointments about the academy in house. He doesn’t remotely inspire our kids to improve and stick around.

Lukjanciks not on the bench for u18s is ominous with regards to recent rumours he's doing a bunk.
Dont think he's injured
I think he might be injured, he missed the last round of England call ups and he's been injured quite a lot this season. If at this stage he was thinking of leaving, history shows we tend to start playing them more rather than freezing them out

I think he might be injured, he missed the last round of England call ups and he's been injured quite a lot this season. If at this stage he was thinking of leaving, history shows we tend to start playing them more rather than freezing them out
Lukjanciks is 16 so he would likely have been offered a Scholarship by now and been able to sign it . I’m not too clear, but I believe he’ll be on some kind of u16 contract until end of June so couldn’t sign for another club until then with out a transfer fee being agreed. After June he becomes a free agent, but we’d be entitled to a development fee if we’d offered him a Scholarship.