Relegation 23/24 Thread

Staying up should never really be an “achievement” for a club Everton’s size, but if we manage it this season in the face of so much adversity then I think it’s fair to claim it as such
Indeed. Yes we potentially got lucky having some poor sides in the league this season but an eight point deduction in 2021/22 or 2022/23 would have seen us relegated.

Staying up should never really be an “achievement” for a club Everton’s size, but if we manage it this season in the face of so much adversity then I think it’s fair to claim it as such

I agree, any team staying up with an 8 point deduction has achieved a lot!

Indeed. Yes we potentially got lucky having some poor sides in the league this season but an eight point deduction in 2021/22 or 2022/23 would have seen us relegated.

I have my doubts about Dyche - his inability to go Plan B rather than the hoofball stuff - but if he drags us to safety this season it'll have been one of the greatest managerial feats in our history.

Having to deal with the points deductions - and all the psychological impact it's had on the dressing room - it would be an amazing achievement.

I have my doubts about Dyche - his inability to go Plan B rather than the hoofball stuff - but if he drags us to safety this season it'll have been one of the greatest managerial feats in our history.

Having to deal with the points deductions - and all the psychological impact it's had on the dressing room - it would be an amazing achievement.
He and us could have another 2 or more Deductions to put up with next season, As always we have to wait and see
The 16.6 stuff, plus if we go over the in the 23/24 accounts. We could end up with at least another 4/5points took off

He and us could have another 2 or more Deductions to put up with next season, As always we have to wait and see
I'm not so sure. I know those rules are in place for another 12 months but I cant see us getting anything like another 8 points deducted.

If we survive we just need a sale that brings in a lot of cash and then spend whatever we can from that very wisely on some exciting young prospects...a goal scorer with lots of potential more especially

Think we will continue to be relatively bad and disappoint in this run-in but I really can't see a situation where still don't end up better than one of Luton or forest
Probably Luton I’d say….we said the same about Forest last year but still finished the season 1 place and 2 points behind him